Almond walnut chutney with mango ginger or amada. An easy to make, healthy and lipsmackingly delicious chutney flavored with mango ginger. Best accompany with your snacks or any meal.
Here are some more chutney or dip recipes from this blog.
10. Gur aam
11. Capsicum salsa
I have used amada or mango ginger in this chutney for flavour with almond, walnut, garlic, green chilli, cilantro or coriander leaves, lemon, tomatoes, sesame seeds, cumin and black pepper. Raw mango flavored amada or mango ginger looks like ginger but taste is different.
According to Wikipedia Mango-ginger is a popular spice and vegetable due to its rich flavor, which is described as sweet with subtle earthy floral and pepper overtones and similar to that of raw mango. It is a delicious addition to salads and stir fries. It is used in South Asian and Southeast Asian as well as Far East Asian cuisines.
Mango ginger or amada also have some health benefits.
1. Relieve pain. Mango ginger acts as a calming agent that provides relief from pain.
2. Treat skin diseases. Curcuma manga is used for treating skin problems. It detoxifies the body and improves skin complexion, skin problems and acne.
3. Relieve Itching. The root is anti-allergenic and provides relief from itching.
4. Metabolic problems. The plant helps to rectify the metabolic problems.
5. Relieve Cold and Cough. Mango ginger is an analgesic and expectorant which is often used to provide relief from cold and cough. It provides relief from bronchitis and asthma.
6. Relieve digestive problems. In human and animals, enterokinase found in Mango ginger assist digestion. The enzyme breaks down proteins to organic compounds which are easier to digest. Root also detoxifies the body. It provides relief from gas, promotes digestive strength and improves appetite.
7. Relieve inflammation. The anti-inflammatory properties prevent swelling in joints.
8. Relieve head lice and dandruff. Mango ginger has anti-fungal and antimicrobial properties. To read more about mango ginger or amada click here.
Linking this recipe to Facebook gourmet group Shhhhh Cooking Secretly Challenge. In this monthly group members are paired with different partners every month and two secret ingredients are given to each other. We have to use these ingredients in our recipe. This chutney theme is suggested by Priya Vijaykrishnan who blog at Sweet Spicy Tasty. I have bookmarked her delicious Raw mango chutney to try. And this month my partner is Anu Kollon who blog at Ente Thattukada. Anu gave me walnut and sesame seeds as secret ingredients. I am sharing this healthy and absolutely delicious chutney using these ingredients. And I gave her tamarind and garlic. Let’s check out her delicious Peanut coriander chutney with these ingredients.
You have to dry roast sesame seeds or til, almond and walnut to make your chutney more delicious and flavorful. I have used roasted tomato. Roasted tomato will give a wonderful taste. You can increase or reduce the amount of green chilli and garlic according to your taste. You can also add ginger if you want.
Tomato – 2, medium
Cilantro or coriander leaves – 1/2 cup
Walnut – 2 tablespoon, dry roasted
Almond – 2 tablespoon, dry roasted
Green chilli – 3 – 4 or to taste
Garlic – 2 – 3 cloves
Mango ginger or amada – 1 inch piece, grated
Cumin powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Black pepper powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Sesame seeds or til – 1 tablespoon, dry roasted
Lemon juice – 2 tablespoon or to taste
Salt to taste
1. Rinse, pat dry and roast the tomatoes. Hold them with the help of a fork or knife on flame. Roast till the skin becomes black.
2. Dip roasted tomato in cold water. Peel the skin and chop them roughly.
3. Lightly dry roast almond, walnut and sesame seeds separately. Let everything cool down.
4. Peel the garlic cloves. Add all the ingredients in a grinder jar. Grind into a smooth paste. You can also add 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger if you want.
5. Taste and adjust salt and lemon juice if require. Take out the mixture in a glass bowl. You can drizzle 1 – 2 teaspoon olive oil. I didn’t.
6. Garnish with cilantro or coriander leaves and tomato slices. Serve with any snacks.
If you tried my recipe, you can share your food pictures with me in the social network sites by using hashtag, #batterupwithsujata I would love to see your creations.
I would love to hear from you. Please share your thoughts and suggestions in comment.
Please visit my facebook page and hit the like button to get the latest update