Sugar free jam. Surprised right? Yes this delicious apple and grape jam is absolutely sugar free. But taste is scrumptious. Spread this guilt free jam on your toast or enjoy with any bread. I am sure you will love the taste and flavour.
This apple and grape jam is sweetened with dry date powder. As we all know that dates are highly nutritious. And aroma of star anise and cinnamon gives a lovely flavour to the jam. So its a perfect treat for kids and adults both. Health conscious people can enjoy this delicious fruit jam without any guilt. But remember enjoy the delectable taste of this jam but everything should eat in moderation.
We need only apple, red grape, cinnamon, star anise, lemon juice and dry date powder to make this delicious and healthy jam. Not only elders but let your children enjoy this healthy treat.
Dates are a very healthy fruit to include in your diet. They are high in several nutrients, fiber and antioxidants, all of which may provide health benefits ranging from improved digestion to a reduced risk of disease. It’s easiest to find dates in their dried form, though these are higher in calories than fresh fruit so it is important to eat them in moderation. Dates are definitely worth adding to your diet, as they are both nutritious and delicious.
8 Proven Health Benefits of Dates
• Very Nutritious. Share on Pinterest
• High in Fiber. Getting enough fiber is important for your overall health.
• High in Disease-Fighting Antioxidants.
• May Promote Brain Health.
• May Promote Natural Labor.
• Excellent Natural Sweetener.
• Other Potential Health Benefits.
• Easy to Add to Your Diet.
Source – Healthline
I am a member of a blogger group Shhhhh Cooking Secretly Challenge. Every month we share recipes using two secret ingredients given by our partners. This month theme is jam and jelly suggested by Preeti Tandon Shridhar. Preeti who blog at Cakes and curries shared this delicious recipe..
This month my partner is Mayuri Patel who blog at Mayuris Jikoni gave me cinnamon and date powder as secret ingredients. And I gave her lemon juice and cardamom. Mayuri shared this nutritious and tasty Watermelon rind jam with these ingredients.
As I mentioned above diet conscious people can enjoy this delicious jam with breakfast but everything we should eat in moderation. 1-2 spoon jam is okay in breakfast to satisfy your sweet craving. You can use lemon juice according to your taste. And use any grape if you don’t have red grape. We are using dry date powder so textures will be little different from jam made with sugar. You can also use any fruit of your choice.
Subscribe with your mail address to get all the recipes straight to your mailbox immediately after publishing.
Apple – 3
Grapes – 1 cup
Star anise – 1
Cinnamon – 1 stick
Dry date powder – 1/3 cup
Lemon juice – 1 tablespoon
Water – 1 cup
1. Wash the apples and grapes well. Peel deseed and chop the apples into small pieces.
2. Chop the grapes into 4 pieces. Discard the seeds.
3. Heat a pan and add add chopped apples and grapes, star anise, cinnamon and 1 cup water.
4. When it starts to rolling boil reduce the heat. Cover and cook on simmer for 5 minutes. Remove the cover and stir well.
5. Cook on high heat for 5 minutes uncovered. Keep stirring to avoid spilling. You can reduce the flame in-between. Watch video recipe for detailed method.
6. After 5 minutes switch off the heat. Let it cool down. Remove the star anise and cinnamon when cool.
7. Now blend into a smooth paste. Heat a pan and add the paste. Add cinnamon and star anise again. Add dry date powder and mix everything well.
8. Taste the mixture when it starts to become thick. Add more dry date powder if required. It depends on the sweetness of grapes and apples. Mine was perfectly sweet with 1/3 cup date powder.
9. Cook till mixture becomes thick and starts to leaving the sides of the pan. When mixture thickened switch off the heat and let it cool down.
10. Add lemon juice and mix. Add half lemon juice if you don’t want your jam tangy. I have used 1 tablespoon for a lovely sweet and tangy taste. Now finally remove the star anise and cinnamon. Store the jam in a sterilized jar.
1. You can use any fruit of your choice.
2. Cinnamon powder can be used instead of cinnamon stick.
If you tried my recipe, you can share your food pictures with me in the social network sites by using hashtag, #batterupwithsujata.
I would love to hear from you. Please share your thoughts and suggestions in comment.
Please visit my facebook page and hit the like button to get the latest update