Mango coconut lassi with chia seeds and coconut sugar. This chilled soothing and filling drink taste utterly delicious. Its mango season so try this delectable mango coconut lassi to beat the heat. You don’t need refined sugar to make it. I have used coconut sugar, you can also use honey, maple syrup, stevia, sugar or any sweetener of your choice.
Ingredients used to make this chilled lassi
Ripe mango – You can use any ripe mango to make this lassi. Better to use sweet variety lassi.
Curd or yogurt – Used homemade curd to make this lassi. You can also use store bought curd or Greek yogurt. But curd shouldn’t be sour. Check before using.
Fresh coconut – Grated fresh coconut taste great with ripe mango.
Mint leaves – Mint leaves used for a refreshing flavour.
Chia seeds – Used chia seeds for it’s nutritional value. You can skip if you don’t have or you don’t like.
Chia seeds may be small, but they’re incredibly rich in nutrients. A staple in the ancient Aztec and Maya diets, these seeds have been touted for their health benefits for centuries. The antioxidants, minerals, fiber, and omega-3 fatty acids in chia seeds may promote heart health, support strong bones, and improve blood sugar management. Healthline
Milk – Used milk to soak the chia seeds. You can also use any dairy free milk or water if you want.
Coconut sugar – Used coconut sugar as a sweetener. Coconut sugar or coconut palm sugar is a plant based natural sweetener. You can also use honey, maple syrup, stevia, sugar or any sweetener of your choice. If your mango is less sweet then add more sweetener. And if your mango is too sweet use small amount of sweetener.
Lemon juice – Lemon juice used for a refreshing flavour and taste.
Lemon zest – Little lemon zest used to give an extra zing. It will give a strong lemon flavour. You can skip it if you want.
Ice cubes – Ice cubes used to make the lassi chilled. Add less or more according to your choice. You can also add some ice cubes in the glass before serving. Or you can also skip the ice cubes and keep lassi in refrigerator for an hour to serve chilled.
Here are some yogurt based dishes from this blog.
7. Misti doi
12. Cold soup
And you may also like to try Spicy oats buttermilk from the blog of Sasmita Sahoo Samanta.
As I mentioned above this lemon flavoured mango lassi taste utterly delicious. You can adjust the sweetener according to your taste. If your mango is too sweet use 1 tablespoon only. Taste after blending and add more if required. Never use sour curd or yogurt. Always use fresh curd or yogurt. I have used homemade curd. You can also use Greek yogurt or any store bought yogurt but taste before using.
Subscribe with your mail address to get all the recipes straight to your mailbox immediately after publishing.
Video recipe of this healthy and delicious lassi
Ripe mango – 1/2 cup, chopped
Curd or yogurt – 1 cup
Fresh coconut – 1/4 cup, grated
Mint leaves – 2 tablespoon
Milk – 1/3 cup
Chia seeds – 1 tablespoon
Coconut sugar – 1 tablespoon
Lemon juice – 1 teaspoon
Lemon zest – 1/4 teaspoon, optional
Ice cubes – 1/4 cup or as required
1. Soak chia seeds in 1/3 cup milk for an hour.
2. Blend curd or yogurt, soaked chia seeds, grated fresh coconut, mint leaves, chopped mango pieces, coconut sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest and ice cubes in a blender.
3. Taste and add more coconut sugar and lemon juice if require. I had to add 1 tablespoon more coconut sugar because mango was not enough sweet. If your mango is sweet then add sugar accordingly.
4. Pour the lassi in your favourite glass. Garnish with scooped mango and mint leaves. Serve immediately or store in refrigerator to serve chilled.
1. You can skip chia seeds if you want. But chia seeds will make your lassi more nutritious.
2. Any sweetener can be used instead of coconut sugar.
3. Add sweetener according to your taste. Taste after blending and add more if required. Its depends on the sweetness of mango.
4. You can use any dairy free milk or water instead of milk.
If you tried my recipe, you can share your food pictures with me in the social network sites by using hashtag, #batterupwithsujata I would love to see your creations.
I would love to hear from you. Please share your thoughts and suggestions in comment.
Please visit my facebook page and hit the like button to get the latest update