Oats cantaloupe sugar free milkshake with Stevia. I have used homemade Stevia powder. Also sharing the method of making Stevia powder at home in the recipe. Try this chilled and guilt free milkshake to beat the heat and enjoy the delectable taste.
Stevia as sweetener
I have made stevia powder from my homegrown stevia plant to make my milkshake calorie free. You can also use store bought stevia powder. Stevia is more sweet than sugar. A pinch of stevia powder is equal to one teaspoon table sugar. So you need very small quantity to stevia powder. We like our beverage less sweetened so used 1 teaspoon for 3 medium size glass. After blending taste and add more if required.
Stevia is a nonnutritive sweetener. This means it has almost no calories. If you’re trying to lose weight, this aspect may be appealing. If you have diabetes, stevia may help keep your blood sugar levels in check. One 2010 studyTrusted Source of 19 healthy, lean participants and 12 obese participants found that stevia significantly lowered insulin and glucose levels. It also left study participants satisfied and full after eating, despite the lower calorie intake. To read more about stevia Click here.
You may like some more cantaloupe recipes on this blog.
3. Melon cooler
You can use any sweetener instead of stevia. But I made this delicious milkshake with Stevia to make it diabetic friendly. Don’t forget that stevia is much sweeter than table sugar, so you won’t need to use as much. Add little at first and taste after blending. Add more if required and blend again. I have used vanilla essence for flavour but you can also use cardamom powder, cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder or any flavour of your choice.
Subscribe with your mail address to get all the recipes straight to your mailbox immediately after publishing.
Click on the link below to get video recipe of this healthy and delicious milkshake
Oats – 1/4 cup
Milk – 1&1/2 cup
Cantaloupe or muskmelon/kharbuj – 1 cup, chopped
Stevia powder – 1 teaspoon or to taste
Vanilla essence – 3/4 teaspoon
Pistachio to garnish
1. To make homemade Stevia powder wash the Stevia leaves well. Drain well and let it drain well.
2. Dry the leaves under sun or in shade. I have dried the leaves in microwave. Spread the leaves on a microwavable plate. Microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir the leaves with a spoon. Microwave again for 30 seconds or until the leaves becomes crisp.
3. Grind the dried leaves in your grinder jar. Or you can also use mortar pestle to make dried leaves powder. I have ground the dried leaves into fine powder.
4. Mix oats with 1/2 cup milk. Cover and keep it in refrigerator 5-6 hours or overnight. I soaked the oats overnight.
5. In a blender add 1 cup milk, peeled and chopped 1 cup Cantaloupe or muskmelon/ kharbuj, overnight soaked oats and stevia powder.
6. Blend everything well. Taste and add more stevia powder if required. Add vanilla essence and blend again till mixture becomes frothy. You can also use 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder and a pinch of nutmeg powder instead of vanilla. You can also add 1-2 scoop icecream if you want or you are making for kids.
7. Add some ice cubes in the glass. Pour the blended mixture over it Garnish with small pieces of Cantaloupe. Sprinkle little pistachio over the Cantaloupe pieces. Serve chilled milkshake immediately.
1. You can use any sweetener instead of stevia powder.
2. If you are making for kids add 1-2 scoop icecream in the milkshake to get rich creamy texture.
3. You can also use store bought stevia powder.
4. Mango or any other fruits can be used instead of Cantaloupe. Make your milkshake with any fruit of your choice.
5. You can use any dairy free milk to make the milkshake for vegan people.
6. You can use any flavour instead of vanilla essence.
If you tried my recipe, you can share your food pictures with me in the social network sites by using hashtag, #batterupwithsujata I would love to see your creations.
I would love to hear from you. Please share your thoughts and suggestions in comment.
Please visit my facebook page and hit the like button to get the latest update