Melon cooler. Orange and mint flavoured honeydew melon or kharbuj drink taste heavenly. You don’t need any sweetener. This cooler will be naturally taste sweet. Freshly squeezed orange juice and mint made this fruity drink refreshing and delicious.
Try this thirst quenching chilled fruity drink to beat the heat. You may like to try some more summer cooler recipes from this blog. 1. Mixed fruit summer cooler
You may also like to try a delicious summer cooler from the blog of Kalyani Sri.
Ingredients used to make this refreshing summer cooler.
Honeydew melon or kharbuj – Used honeydew melon or kharbuj as main ingredient.
Honeydew melon, or honeymelon, is a fruit that belongs to the melon species cucumis melo (muskmelon). The sweet flesh of honeydew is typically light green, while its skin has a white-yellow tone. Its size and shape are similar to that of its relative, the cantaloupe. Honeydew melon is a sweet fruit that can be found around the world. Its flesh is light green, while its rind is typically white or yellow. Honeydew is full of vitamins, minerals and other health-promoting plant compounds. Eating this type of melon could have several health benefits, mainly due to its rich nutrient content. Source
Orange juice – Orange juice gives a sweetness and lovely flavour. I have used freshly squeezed orange juice. Orange juice is a favorite beverage high in antioxidants and micronutrients like vitamin C, folate, and potassium. Regular consumption has been associated with several health benefits, including improved heart health, decreased inflammation, and a reduced risk of kidney stones. Source- Healthline
Lemon – Used lemon juice to give the drink a tangy taste.
Mint leaves – Mint leaves used for flavour and it also gives a beautiful green colour.
Ice cubes – Ice cubes will make your drink chilled. You can also keep the glass in refrigerator for an hour to serve chilled.
Recipe is very simple and easy to make. Just combine everything and blend. Your chilled refreshing drink is ready. You can add little more lemon juice if you want your cooler more tangy. Enjoy the super yummy drink and keep yourself hydrated in this scorching hot weather.
Subscribe with your mail address to get all the recipes straight to your mailbox immediately after publishing.
Honeydew melon/muskmelon/cantaloupe or kharbuj – 1 cup, chopped
Orange juice- 1 cup
Lemon juice- 2 tablespoon
Mint leaves- handful
Ice cubes as require
1. Peel the honeydew melon or kharbuj and cut into half. Take out the seeds with a spoon. Discard the seeds and chop the melon into small pieces. I had lightly greenish honeydew melon but you can also use muskmelon or cantaloupe. Use whatever you have.
2. Wash the mint leaves well. Blend the chopped cantaloupe and mint leaves in a blender.
3. Add orange juice and lemon juice. Blend again till everything blend well. I have used freshly squeezed orange juice.
4. In a glass put some ice cubes. Pour the melon orange mixture over it. If you don’t want to use ice cubes, then keep the cooler in refrigerator for an hour and serve chilled.
5. Garnish with mint leaves and lemon wedges. Serve chilled or at room temperature. Enjoy…..
Stay safe healthy and keep yourself hydrated.
Get the video recipe here https://youtu.be/lyi7B2D47U4
If you tried my recipe, you can share your food pictures with me in the social network sites by using hashtag, #batterupwithsujata I would love to see your creations.
I would love to hear from you. Please share your thoughts and suggestions in comment.
Please visit my facebook page and hit the like button to get the latest update