Almond pistachio star cookies or pista badam cookies. A delicious crisp eggless cookies to serve with tea or to enjoy in your munching time. These beautiful cookies are great for Christmas gift. If you don’t like to use all purpose flour or maida then make the cookies with whole wheat flour or any flour of your choice.
You can get some eggless fruit cake recipes to try for Christmas. Click here for the cake recipes. And get some different types of cookies recipe here. These star cookies are hot favourite amongst my family and friends. And always finish in no time. But if you have some leftover, store in airtight container for later use.
This post is going to be featured on Facebook gourmet group Shhhhh Cooking Secretly Challenge for the theme Christmas bake. This month my partner is very talented blogger Mayuri Patel. Her blog is a treasure of different types Indian and continental recipes and specially I love her different types of bread recipes. I have a long list to try like Onion and olive bread , Taftan etc.
Mayuri gave me butter and vanilla as secret ingredients. I made these crispy crunchy delicious eggless star cookies with these ingredients. I gave her egg and white sugar and she shared these delish Clementine cookies for the theme.
I have used Amul unsalted butter to get perfectly utterly butterly taste. But you can use any unsalted butter or ghee/clarified butter to make these cookies. Always chill the cookies in refrigerator before baking to avoid spreading and to get perfect shape. Place the cookies at least half inch apart on baking tray.
Subscribe with your mail address to get all the recipes straight to your mailbox immediately after publishing.
All purpose flour or maida – 1 cup
Powdered sugar – 1/2 cup
Butter – 4 tablespoon
Milk – 4 tablespoon
Vanilla custard powder – 2 tablespoon
Almond or badam – 1/4 cup
Pistachio or pista – 1/4 cup, finely chopped
Baking powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Baking soda – 1/8 teaspoon
Vanilla essence – 1 teaspoon
1. Grind the almond into fine powder.
2. In a bowl mix all purpose flour or maida, custard powder, ground almond shredded pistachios, baking powder and soda.
3. In a large bowl whisk butter, powdered sugar and 3 tablespoon milk. Add vanilla essence and whisk again.
4. Now add all the dry ingredients and mix with your palm to make a smooth dough. Add 1 tablespoon milk if required. I had to use 4 tablespoon milk.
5. Grease a baking tray or line with parchment paper.
6. Make two part of the dough. Spread little flour on your rolling board or cleaned kitchen counter. Place one half of the dough and press gently with your fingers. Spread little flour on pressed dough. Roll with rolling pin. Don’t make too thin.
7. Cut with a medium size star shaped cookie cutter. You can use small sized cookie cutter if you want small cookies. I have used both. But small size cookies will take less time to bake than large cookies so keep an eye while baking. Make all the cookies from remaining dough in the same way.
8. Place the cookies on greased or lined baking pan. Don’t forget to leave some space between the cookies.
9. Keep the tray in refrigerator for 30 minutes to chill. Chilled cookies will not spread much and you will get perfect star shaped cookies.
10. In the meantime preheat the oven. I have used my Samsung microwave hot blast function. For microwave set hot blast or convection mode at 160° and for OTG preheat at 180° for 10 minutes.
11. When oven preheated take out the baking tray from refrigerator and bake for 12 minutes or till the edges becomes light brown. Mine were perfectly baked in 12 minutes.
12. Let the cookies cool down completely before serving. Hot cookies may be soft but cookies will crisp when cool. So remove the cookies from baking tray when cool. Serve crispy crunchy cookies with tea, coffee, milk or store in airtight container for later use.
1. You can use whole wheat flour instead of all purpose flour or maida.
2. Ghee or clarified butter can be used instead of unsalted butter but flavour may slightly differ.
3. You can also use walnut, cashew nuts or any nuts of your choice instead of almond.
4. Any essence can be used instead of vanilla essence.
If you tried my recipe, you can share your food pictures with me in the social network sites by using hashtag, #batterupwithsujata I would love to see your creations.
I would love to hear from you. Please share your thoughts and suggestions in comment.
Please visit my facebook page and hit the like button to get the latest update