Gluten free multigrain milk bread with garlic, mixed seeds and Italian herbs. A super healthy breakfast bread with quinoa, bajra or pearl millet, soybean and oats. And you don’t have to compromise on taste for health. This bread is nutritious and delicious. Posting after a long time. A very difficult month. Lost some near and dear ones. Still some are under treatment. May God bless all. Please stay home stay safe and protect others.
I have used mixed garlic and herbs in the dough this time. You can also make this bread by following my Stuffed savoury bread recipe. I sometimes make like it. Make the dough first and pat or roll the dough into flat and rectangular. Spread fried or roasted garlic, Italian herbs or chopped cilantro or coriander leaves and cheese. And fold it to make loaf. After baking and slicing you will get the bread slice like this 👇
Have a look on the ingredients of this gluten free bread.
Bajra or pearl millet flour. Most famous millet and rich in fiber, protein, vitamins, minerals and many healthy nutrients.
Quinoa flour. Quinoa is also very high in fiber, protein, iron and unsaturated fat. And it has a Low Glycemic Index, which is good for blood sugar control.
Soybean flour. Protein enriched soybean flour also is rich in vitamins and minerals. Low calorie soybean flour is great for health watchers and diabetic people.
Oats powder or oatmeal. Oatmeal is high in fiber, minerals, antioxidants and various vitamins. It helps to reduce blood sugar levels and reduce risk of heart disease. It also helps to weight loss. Source – Healthline
Xanthan gum. According to King Arthur Baking Xanthan gum helps you get that with gluten-free bread. It locks in moisture to the dough, while also providing structure, so your loaf will hold its shape while baking and slice up perfectly when cooled.
Salt. Salt will enhance the taste of the bread.
Olive oil. Heart healthy olive oil will make your bread soft. You can use any oil or butter instead.
Yeast. It will make your bread soft and airy.
Brown sugar. Sugar helps to activate the yeast. You can also use white sugar or honey. It also enhance the taste.
Milk. You can use water instead of milk but milk will make your bread more soft. And milk is packed with important nutrients like calcium, phosphorus, B vitamins, potassium and vitamin D. Plus, it’s an excellent source of protein. Source
Milk powder. It will enhance the flavour and taste. And milk powder will also help to browning the crust.
Vinegar. Acidic vinegar will help to add flavour to your bread.
Oregano, rosemary and basil. Used dried herbs for taste and flavour. You can use any herbs of your choice.
Garlic. Use lightly fried garlic for flavour. Garlic is well known for it’s numerous health benefits.
Mixed seeds. Nutrients rich mixed seeds will also enhance the taste of your bread. . I have roasted mixed seeds including sunflower, pumpkin, flax, watermelon, chia and gojiberries seeds. You can use any seeds.
Sending this post to #Foodiemonday bloghop theme is Lockdown Recipes suggested by Narmadha who blog at Nams Corner. Narmadha has a wonderful blog with different types of veg and none veg healthy recipes. I bookmarked her Healthy granola bar and Masala fish fry recipe to try.
This gluten free bread is not only healthy but its also delicious. If you want you can add one cup of whole wheat flour while making dough to make multigrain bread. If you have dough hook then you can make this dough in less time. Keep the dough soft to make soft bread. And you can add more garlic if you like. You can use any flavour instead of Italian herbs.
Bajra or pearl millet flour – 1/2 cup
Quinoa flour – 1/2 cup
Soyabean flour – 1/2 cup
Oats powder – 1/2 cup
Xanthan gum – 2 teaspoon
Salt – 1&1/2 teaspoon
Olive oil – 3 tablespoon + for greasing
Dry yeast – 1&1/2 teaspoon
Brown sugar – 1 tablespoon
Warm milk – 1&1/2 cup
Milk powder – 2 tablespoon
Vinegar – 1&1/2 tablespoon
Oregano – 1 teaspoon
Dried Rosemary – 1 teaspoon
Dried basil – 1/2 teaspoon
Oats and sesame seeds to sprinkle
Garlic – 19-20 cloves or more
Mixed seeds – 4-5 tablespoon
1. In a bowl mix brown sugar, yeast and warm 1/2 cup warm milk. Milk should be warm not hot. Cover and keep aside for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes yeast mixture will be foamy.
2. In a large bowl mix oats powder, sieved bajra or pearl millet flour, quinoa flour and soybean flour, xanthan gum, salt, milk powder vinegar, dried basil, dried rosemary, oregano, mixed seeds and 2 tablespoon olive oil.
3. Make a hole in the middle and pour foamy yeast mixture and 1 cup warm milk. Knead well. Use your food processor or dough hook of your hand mixer to knead the dough for 5 minutes.
4. Dough will be soft and sticky. Smear the dough with oil and also grease the bowl generously. Cover the bowl and keep in a warm place for an hour or till the dough becomes double.
5. In the meantime heat one tablespoon oil in a pan. Fry the garlic cloves lightly. Don’t make too brown. Fry till garlic cloves becomes light brown. You can use more garlic cloves if you like.
6. Let it cool down. Chop the fried garlic cloves roughly. After one hour dust your cleaned kitchen counter with flour. Take out the dough with your oil greased palm. Punch down the dough. Place the dough on your cleaned and flour dusted kitchen counter.
7. Knead the dough again. Now the dough will be less sticky. Add fried and chopped garlic cloves. And mix well. Flatten the dough with your oil greased palm. Press the dough into flat and rectangular. Fold and shape the dough into a loaf.
8. Place the loaf in a oil greased loaf pan. Cover and keep in warm place for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes loaf will becomes double. Brush the top with milk and sprinkle white sesame seeds and oats.
9. Preheat the oven at 190°. Bake for 40- 45 minutes. I have used my Samsung microwave. For microwave set hot blast function at 170° and press start. Your oven will start to preheat. After preheating bake the bread for 25-30 minutes. Or until bread becomes golden brown. Invert the bread on a cooling rack or plate. Let it cool down before slicing.
10. Slice and make crisp toast or sandwich with filling. Enjoy the healthy and delicious bread in breakfast. Or serve warm with soup in dinner. Stay home stay safe and healthy 🙏
1. You can use any flour instead of these flour.
2. You can use peeled one whole garlic if you like garlicky flavor.
3. Vegan people can use water instead of milk.
4. You can use any flavour of your choice instead of Italian herbs.
If you tried my recipe, you can share your food pictures with me in the social network sites by using hashtag, #batterupwithsujata I would love to see your creations.
I would love to hear from you. Please share your thoughts and suggestions in comment.
Please visit my facebook page and hit the like button to get the latest update
The Girl Next Door says
As always, I’m in awe of your baking skills. Love the unique flours like pearl millet, quinoa and soya bean that you have used here. The bread looks super soft and delicious!
Batter Up With Sujata says
Thanks a lot Priya!
You are back with this amazing bake. Such healthy flavour and flours. Absolutely incredible vegan bread . I liked the idea of using Edible gum. A guilt free bread .
Batter Up With Sujata says
Thank you so much Preethi!
I am always a big fan of your bakes. You always amazed by the choice of flours you use. Bread choose so soft and we can enjoy them guilt free
Batter Up With Sujata says
Thanks a lot dear!
Wow such a healthy, tasty and aromatic bread Di. I love your baking a lot because you always healthy flours in ur baking.
An gem from your baking treasure.. such a healthy bread with a beautiful crumb.. I am yet to try xanthan gum in baking gluten-free breads.. shall give it a try soon.
Gluten-Free Bread With Garlic And Mixed Seeds is surely a healthy and delicious recipe.
Here I liked the idea of using edible gum di.
Such a guilt-free bread it is.