Spinach omelet or palak omelet. Do you like omelets? Make your protein-rich omelet more nutritious by adding baby spinach or palak to your egg mixture. I am sure you will love the taste. Omelet is a very easy-to-make, healthy, and quick breakfast option that we can make in a jiffy.
An egg is very nutritious so it’s called a superfood. So it’s a perfect power-packed breakfast ingredient to start your day.
Eggs are exceptionally nutritious, weight-loss friendly, and high in antioxidants. If you need any more reasons to eat eggs, they are also cheap, go with almost any food and taste great. If any food deserves to be called a superfood, it’s eggs. Eggs are so nutritious that they’re often referred to as “nature’s multivitamin.” They also contain unique antioxidants and powerful brain nutrients that many people are deficient in. Source
Here are some egg recipes from this blog. Click on the name below for the recipe:
1. Dim posto or eggs in poppy seeds and tomato gravy
2. Eggs with mustard and poppy seeds
4. Easy and quick egg sandwich
10. Baked pasta with egg and cheese
12. Dim kosha or spicy egg curry
13. Korean rice or Korean egg fried rice
16. Chana dal or Bengal gram and steamed egg khichdi
17. Piperade with Indian spices
18. Egg dal tadka
19. Kerala egg roast with potato
20. Baked egg burger
21. Egg korma
23. Potato stuffed egg enchilada
24. Tomato cilantro egg drop soup
Spinach or palak is also very nutritious. So adding spinach or palak your omelet will be more fiber, vitamins, and mineral enriched.
Spinach (Spinacia oleracea) is a leafy green vegetable that originated in Persia. It belongs to the amaranth family and is related to beets and quinoa. What’s more, it’s considered very healthy, as it’s loaded with nutrients and antioxidants. Eating spinach may benefit eye health, reduce oxidative stress, help prevent cancer, and reduce blood pressure levels. Healthline
Some spinach or palak recipes are on this blog.
1. Red cabbage and spinach salad with peanut butter and pumpkin seeds
2. Mushroom cheese spinach sandwich
4. Brown rice spinach pulao or palak pulao
5. Kidney beans or rajma spinach Kabab
6. Cauliflower with spinach and cottage cheese
7. Methi paneer kofta in palak gravy
8. Spinach curry with corn and soya
9. Dal palak
10. Spinach raita
11. Green gram carrot spinach soup
12. Spinach carrot bean almond soup
14. Mix veg cutlets
The recipe is very simple and easy. Use little milk in the egg mixture. Don’t skip it. It will make your omelet super soft and fluffy. And whisk the eggs really well. Add finely chopped onion, green chilli, cilantro or coriander leaves, and freshly crushed black pepper to enhance the taste. You can use green chilli and black pepper according to your spice tolerance. If you are making for kids reduce the amount of green chilli or you can also skip if you want. You can use olive oil, butter, or any oil to make the omelet.
Subscribe with your mail address to get all the recipes straight to your mailbox immediately after publishing.
Watch the video recipe for this nutritious and delicious spinach omelet.
Baby Spinach – 2 cups, chopped
Egg – 4 Salt to taste
Onion – 1, finely chopped
Green chilli – 2-3, finely chopped
Black pepper – 1/2 teaspoon, freshly crushed
Cilantro or coriander leaves – handful, chopped
Milk – 3 tablespoon
Oil or butter – 2 tablespoons
1. Clean and wash the baby spinach. Chop into small pieces. I have used 2 cups of chopped baby spinach.
2. Microwave chopped spinach on high power for 1 minute. After 1 minute stir the spinach and keep it in a switched-off microwave till used.
3. If you don’t have a microwave then you can saute spinach for 1-2 minutes. Don’t overcook.
4. In a bowl whisk 4 eggs, salt, half a teaspoon of freshly crushed Black pepper, and 3 tablespoons of milk. Whisk really well.
5. Add chopped onion, green chilli, and cilantro or coriander leaves. Add green chilli according to your taste. Whisk again.
6. Heat little butter or oil in a pan. Keep the flame low. Pour the egg mixture. Tilt the pan to spread the mixture evenly. Spread spinach all over the omelet with a spoon. Cook till the egg set.
7. Flip the omelet upside down. Omelet will be too soft so flip it carefully. Watch the YouTube video recipe above to flip easily.
8. Cook for a minute. Make it light brown or keep it white. Make as you like. I made two light brown and one white like this 👇
9. Slide the omelet on a plate. Serve hot with toast, roti, paratha, or dal chawal. You can also make sandwiches with this omelet.
1. You can add mushrooms or any vegetables of your choice to the egg mixture.
2. Any spices can be used in the omelet. You can make a masala omelet with Indian spices.
If you tried my recipe, you can share your food pictures with me on social network sites by using the hashtag, #batterupwithsujata I would love to see your creations.
I would love to hear from you. Please share your thoughts and suggestions in the comment.
Please visit my Facebook page and hit the like button to get the latest update
Spinach Omelet Recipe or Palak Omelet Recipe | Healthy Breakfast
- 1 Fry Pan
- 1 Spatula
- 2 Cup Baby Spinach
- 4 Egg
- Salt To taste
- 1 Onion Finely chopped
- 3 Green chilly Finely chopped
- ½ tsp Black pepper Freshly crushed
- ¼ Cup Cilantro or coriander leaves Chopped
- 3 tbsp Milk
- 2 tbsp Oil or butter
- Clean and wash the baby spinach. Chop into small pieces. I have used 2 cups of chopped baby spinach.
- Microwave chopped spinach on high power for 1 minute. After 1 minute stir the spinach and keep it in a switched-off microwave till used.
- If you don't have a microwave then you can saute spinach for 1-2 minutes. Don't overcook.
- In a bowl whisk 4 eggs, salt, half a teaspoon of freshly crushed Black pepper, and 3 tablespoons of milk. Whisk really well.
- Add chopped onion, green chilly, and cilantro or coriander leaves. Add green chilli according to your taste. Whisk again.
- Heat little butter or oil in a pan. Keep the flame low. Pour the egg mixture. Tilt the pan to spread the mixture evenly. Spread spinach all over the omelet with a spoon. Cook till the egg set.
- Flip the omelet upside down. Omelet will be too soft so flip it carefully. Watch the YouTube video recipe above to flip easily.
- Cook for a minute. Make it light brown or keep it white. Make as you like.
- You can add mushrooms or any vegetables of your choice to the egg mixture.
- Any spices can be used in the omelet. You can make a masala omelet with Indian spices.
Spinach Omelet seems an upgraded version of regular omelet. I love to try out variations to plan omelet. Will go for this omelet as well. Nice breakfast!
Mayuri Patel says
A lovely idea Sujata to use spinach in an omelette recipe. A healthy and filling breakfast option.
Seema Sriram says
A fantastic way to add spinach to breakfast. i am not a fan of smoothies with greens in them, but this I can certainly have.
I love this delicious egg spinach omelette. A perfect start to a busy day! Since I have never added anything but coriander to my omelettes hubby was surprised and loved it. Thanks.
Frances Textor says
Good blog you have here.. It’s difficult to find quality writing like yours these days. I truly appreciate people like you! Take care!!