Mushroom egg fried rice. A delicious and nutritious one pot meal with sweet corn and green peas. You can use carrot, baby corn, cauliflower, beans or any vegetable of your choice. An easy and quick to make yet absolutely delicious and flavorful rice. You can also use leftover rice to make this fried rice.
You may like some more rice recipes on this blog.
3. Carrot rice
4. Mexican rice
6. Mint rice
9. Korean rice
10. Corn peas barista fried rice
11. Easy pulao
12. Saffron rice
And here are some Indo Chinese recipes
2. Broccoli mushroom noodles with sriracha sauce
3. Mint noodles
This week Preethi Prasad of Preethicuisine suggested the theme Lunar New Year Fest for 284 #Foodiemonday bloghop. Preethi suggested us to make some dishes according to lunar new year. And my contribution is this delicious Chinese style fried rice with eggs and mushrooms. Preethi has an amazing blog with numerous delicious and healthy recipes. I have bookmarked her unique recipe Raw banana fried rice to try. Do visit her space for many more wonderful recipes.
For this recipe rice shouldn’t be over cooked add sticky. You can use leftover rice to make this fried rice. I have quartered the mushrooms but you can chop the mushrooms into small pieces if you like. Cauliflower, carrot, baby corn, French beans or any vegetable can be used in this rice. Add your favourite vegetables and sauce and enjoy the delectable taste. Adding more fresh vegetables will make your rice more nutritious and colorful. You can serve it with manchurian, chilli chicken, schezwan paneer etc. But this rice is superbly delicious and flavorful so you don’t need any side dish with it.
Basmati rice – 1 cup
Mushroom – 200 gram
Onion – 2, sliced
Green chilli – 2, finely chopped
Egg – 2
Frozen sweet corn – 1/3 cup
Frozen green peas – 1/2 cup
Salt to taste
Vinegar – 2 tablespoon
Green chili sauce – 1/2 tablespoon
Soya sauce – 1 tablespoon
Schezwan sauce – 2 tablespoon
Oil – 2 tablespoon + 2 teaspoon
1. Rinse the rice well and soak in water for 15 minutes. Boil sufficient water in a pan. When water starts to boil add drained rice and stir. Cook the rice until rice becomes soft but not mushy.
2. Remove from heat when 90 percent cooked and immediately pour into a colander to strain the water.
3. Wash the mushrooms. Chop each mushroom into 4 pieces.
3. Heat 2 tablespoon oil in a pan or wok. Add sliced onion and finely chopped green chilli. You can also add a few minced garlic if you want. Fry till onion starts to change it’s colour.
4. Add quartered mushrooms and little salt. Mix well. Mushrooms will release water so cover and cook till dried up. Keep stirring in between.
5. Now add green peas and sweet corn. Saute for 2 minutes more.
6. Add the cooked rice, all the sauce, vinegar and salt. Add salt carefully. We are using sauce and sauce contains salt. Mix well.
7. With the help of a spatula place the rice on the sides of the wok or pan and make a hole in the middle. Add two teaspoon oil and break 2 eggs in the middle.
8. Stir well to cook the eggs just like bhurji or scramble eggs. You can add 2 more eggs if you want. Now mix everything well. Stir gently to avoid breaking the rice.
9. Taste and adjust the seasoning. You can add more sauce or vinegar if required. Fry the rice for 1 – 2 minutes more. Enjoy the mushroom egg fried rice with chilli chicken, schezwan paneer, manchurian etc.
1. You can use any vegetable of your choice to make the rice more colorful and nutritious.
2. Increase or decrease the amount of sauce according to your taste.
3. You can add more green chilli if you want your rice spicy. Or skip if you are making for kids.
If you tried my recipe, you can share your food pictures with me in the social network sites by using hashtag, #batterupwithsujata I would love to see your creations.
I would love to hear from you. Please share your thoughts and suggestions in comment.
Please visit my facebook page and hit the like button to get the latest update
The Girl Next Door says
The Mushroom & Egg Fried Rice looks so delicious and flavourful! This would be such a delectable treat on cold winter days. Beautifully presented dish!
Preethi Prasad says
Mushroom Egg fried rice looks incredible. Delicious dish to celebrate the lunar New Year. Hope the year of OX brings in good luck and good health and peace. Thank you for the lovely recipe.
My family loves mushroom pulao. Your mushroom and egg fried rice looks very delicious ! A perfect treat during winters when button mushrooms are easily available in Indian markets.
I love button mushroom and this fried rice is a perfect way to quick and delicious meal in made in jiffy. Adding egg makes it so filling, kids too will love to have this. Very delicious share. Looks so tempting.
Batter Up With Sujata says
Thank you so much!
Mushroom egg fried rice looks absolutely irresistible and tempting. Perfect treat for parties. Would love to enjoy it with some Manchurian.