Mushroom spinach cheese sandwiches. Grilled sandwiches with creamy cheesy delicious stuffing. Sauteed mushrooms and spinach made these sandwiches filling and delectable. And sriracha sauce made the sandwiches perfectly spicy.
Earlier shared Easy quick egg sandwich here but this spinach mushroom sandwiches different in taste and flavour. Both are absolutely delicious but this one is completely vegetarian. I have used grill pan to make the sandwiches.
You may like to try some more mushroom recipes from this blog.
And here are some Spinach recipes for you. Try and enjoy the different taste and flavour of the spinach dishes.
Ingredients used to make stuffing
Mushroom – Low calorie and nutritious mushrooms made this sandwich delicious. I used my mini chopper to finely chop the mushrooms because my husband don’t like mushrooms at all. So I always use minced or finely chopped mushrooms in some dishes and he always happily enjoy the dish without recognizing mushrooms. But you can use thinly sliced mushrooms if you want.
Baby Spinach – This leafy green vegetable taste great. Tender leaves are easy to cook and give a slightly sweet taste. And it also has so many health benefits. I blanched the spinach leaves before using.
How to blanch spinach
Rinse the spinach leaves well to remove all the dirt. Heat sufficient water in a pot. Keep a pot with cold water ready. When water starts to rolling boil add the spinach. Let it boil for 3-4 minutes. Leaves will becomes dark in colour after blanching. Immediately remove the spinach from hot water and place in the pot of ice cold water to retain the colour. Take out from the water before chopping.
Onion And Garlic to enhance the taste and flavour.
Sweet corn – Succulent and delicious boiled sweet corn taste mildly sweet and also enhance the taste of your stuffing.
Scallion – Mild taste and flavour of this green long leaves will also enhance the taste and flavour of stuffing.
Salt – Salt used to give savoury taste. Add salt according to your taste.
Black pepper powder – Use black pepper powder to give a lovely aroma and mild heat. You can also use freshly crushed black pepper. Add black pepper powder 1/2 to 1 teaspoon as per your taste.
Fresh cream – Little fresh cream will give a creaminess and enhance the taste. I used Amul fresh cream.
Tomato ketchup – tomato ketchup will give a sweet tangy taste to the stuffing.
Sriracha sauce – Sriracha sauce added to give a spicy kick. Spicy sweet tangy taste of this sauce will make your stuffing lipsmackingly delicious. You can also use any chilli garlic sauce if you don’t have sriracha sauce.
Chilli flakes – Little chilli flakes used to make the stuffing spicy. But its optional, you can skip it if you want.
Cheese – I used cheddar and mozzarella cheese mixed. I have a pack a mixture of both cheese. And this taste great. Used to give a cheesy delicious taste. You can use processed cheese or any cheese of your choice. Used 1/2 cup in stuffing and some to sprinkle over the stuffing. You can always use more cheese if you want. Add as much cheese as you like.
Butter And Olive oil – Used 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil for sautéing the stuffing. You can use only butter or only oil if you want. You can also use any other oil instead of olive oil.
Bread – You can use white bread, brown bread, multigrain bread, gluten free bread or any bread of your choice.
If you have the stuffing ready then you can make the sandwiches in a jiffy. You can make the stuffing one day before and store in refrigerator to make the sandwiches for breakfast or lunch. Even you don’t need any chutney or sauce in side to serve these sandwiches or to spread on bread. Because stuffing taste delectable on it’s own. Sauteed mushrooms and spinach and fried onion garlic with sweet corn, scallion, oregano and sriracha sauce, ketchup, butter, cheese and little fresh cream made these sandwich stuffing perfectly spicy creamy cheesy and lipsmackingly delicious.
Subscribe with your mail address to get all the recipes straight to your mailbox immediately after publishing.
Mushroom – 200 gram
Baby Spinach- 200 gram, blanched
Onion – 2 medium, finely chopped
Garlic – 3, minced
Sweet corn – 1/2 cup, boiled
Scallion or onion green – 2 finely chopped
Salt to taste
Black pepper powder – 1/2 teaspoon or to taste
Fresh cream – 2 tablespoon
Sriracha sauce – 1&1/2 tablespoon
Oregano – 1 teaspoon
Chilli flakes – 1/2 teaspoon
Tomato ketchup – 2 tablespoon
Cheese – 1/2 cup, grated + to sprinkle
Olive oil – 1 tablespoon
Butter – 1 tablespoon
Bread as required
1. Chop the blanched baby spinach finely. Chop the mushrooms finely. I used my mini chopper. You can grate or thinly slice the mushrooms.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil and 1 tablespoon butter in a pan. Add minced garlic and finely chopped onion. When onion becomes light brown add mushrooms.
3. Mushrooms will release water. When mushrooms about to dried up add chopped scallion and saute till dried up completely. Add blanched and chopped spinach. Mix and add boiled sweet corn.
4. Add salt, black pepper powder, fresh cream, sriracha sauce, oregano, chilli flakes and tomato ketchup. Saute till everything blend well and dried up.
5. Mix and remove from heat. Taste and adjust the seasoning. Let the mixture cool down a bit. Add 1/2 cup grated cheese and mix well.
6. Spread the mushroom spinach mixture on a bread slice. Sprinkle some grated cheese over it. Place a bread piece over the cheese and press gently. Make all the sandwiches like this.
7. Heat little butter or oil in a grill pan. Place sandwich on the pan. Toast on low heat till one side becomes light brown. Flip and turn the sandwich upside down and toast the other side too. Make all the sandwiches. Serve hot with any sauce or chutney. You can also use sandwich toaster to toast the sandwich.
1. You can use mayonnaise in the stuffing if you want.
2. Any chilli garlic sauce can be used instead of Sriracha sauce.
3. You can use sandwich toaster or any pan instead of grill pan.
If you tried my recipe, you can share your food pictures with me in the social network sites by using hashtag, #batterupwithsujata I would love to see your creations.
I would love to hear from you. Please share your thoughts and suggestions in comment.
Please visit my facebook page and hit the like button to get the latest update
Mushroom Spinach Cheese Sandwich
- 1 Chopper
- 1 Spatula
- 1 Plate
- 1 Grill pan
- 200 gram Mushroom
- 200 gram Baby Spinach Blanched
- 2 medium Onion Finely chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic Minced
- 1/2 cup Sweet corn Boiled
- 2 Scallion or onion green Finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper powder
- 2 tbsp Fresh cream
- 1&1/2 tbsp Sriracha sauce
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp Tomato ketchup
- 1/2 Cup Cheese Grated
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Butter
- Bread slices
- Chop the blanched baby spinach finely. Chop the mushrooms finely. I used my mini chopper. You can grate or thinly slice the mushrooms.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil and 1 tablespoon butter in a pan. Add minced garlic and finely chopped onion. When onion becomes light brown add mushrooms.
- Mushrooms will release water. When mushrooms about to dried up add chopped scallion and saute till dried up completely. Add blanched and chopped spinach. Mix and add boiled sweet corn.
- Add salt, black pepper powder, fresh cream, sriracha sauce, oregano, chilli flakes and tomato ketchup. Saute till everything blend well and dried up.
- Now remove from heat. Taste and adjust the seasoning. Let the mixture cool down a bit. Add 1/2 cup grated cheese and mix well.
- Spread the mushroom spinach mixture on a bread slice. Sprinkle some grated cheese over it. Place a bread piece over the cheese and press gently. Make all the sandwiches like this.
- Heat little butter or oil in a grill pan. Place sandwich on the pan. Toast on low heat till one side becomes light brown. Flip and turn the sandwich upside down and toast the other side too. Make all the sandwiches. Serve hot with any sauce or chutney. You can also use sandwich toaster to toast the sandwich.
These sandwiches are delicious and looks inviting
Batter Up With Sujata says
Priya Vj says
A perfect and healthy way to start a day . 2 slices of these filling mushrooms spinach sandwich with a delicious smoothie is enough to keep the day energetic and charged up
Mushroom Spinach cheese sandwich is perfect to start the day. So filling and quick to make . Love the filling here.
Mushroom and Spinach sandwiches looks so inviting. I love this combination and these are perfect for breakfast, kids lunchboxes or carry while travelling.
Jayashree T.Rao says
This is a filling sandwich. Loved that you have mashed the mushrooms, good for the fussy eaters. It is ideal to serve for a quick breakfast.