Easy quick cheesy egg sandwich. If you have boiled eggs and potatoes ready then you can make these sandwiches in a jiffy. Vegetarian people can skip eggs and make this with only potatoes. Different types of sauce and mayonnaise with potato and eggs will make these sandwiches absolutely delicious.
Today sharing a most favourite sandwich of my kids. Here is a recipe with two different methods to make the sandwiches. Both taste slightly different. I am sure you will love both the way. Try to following both methods and let me know which one you like more. You may also like one more simple, healthy and delicious bread recipe Soya oats green gram toast here. Click here to get the recipe. And click here for some bread recipes.
I didn’t use lettuce this time. But you can place lettuce over egg potato stuffing if you have. You can use sriracha sauce or any chilli garlic sauce instead of schezwan sauce. Use sauce according to your taste. You can add 1-2 finely chopped green chilli in the stuffing if you like your sandwiches more spicy. But if you are making for kids reduce the amount of chilli and schezwan sauce or skip and add tomato sauce or any sweet and sour sauce.
You can use 2-3 tablespoon more mayonnaise if you like. I had used grated cheese cubes in the stuffing. You can use mozzarella, cheddar or mix of both or whatever you have. Add as much cheese as you like. You can also make a layer of thinly sliced onion, cucumber and tomato if you want to make your sandwiches colorful and you like the taste. Sprinkle little salt and pepper powder over the slices. You can also drizzle little lemon juice if you want.
Subscribe with your mail address to get all the recipes straight to your mailbox immediately after publishing.
Potato – 3
Egg – 3-4
Onion – 1 large, finely chopped
Mayonnaise – 5 tablespoon
Pizza sauce – 2 tablespoon
Chilli sauce – 1&1/2 tablespoon
Schezwan sauce – 2 tablespoon, optional
Oregano – 2 teaspoon
Salt – 1 teaspoon or to taste
Black pepper powder – 1/2 teaspoon or to taste
Cheese cube – 2-3
Green chutney to spread on bread Bread as required
Cheese slices as required
Butter or oil as required
Peel the boiled potatoes and eggs. Grate the eggs and potatoes.
For first method
1. Mix grated potatoes and eggs. Add all the sauce, finely chopped onion, salt, grated cheese cubes, oregano and mayonnaise. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
2. You can add 1-2 tablespoon more mayonnaise if you like. Mix everything well. See notes for options to make your sandwiches more spicy.
3. On a bread piece spread a thick layer of egg and potato mixture. Place cheese slice on it.
4..You can make a layer of lettuce, thinly sliced cucumber, tomato and onion over the egg potato mixture if you want.
5. Take one more bread and spread green chutney or any chutney of your choice.
6. Place the bread on cheese slice. Keep chutney side down. You can make 10-11 sandwiches with this egg potato mixture.
7. Toast the sandwich on a pan from both sides with little butter or oil till golden brown.
1. Grate the boiled potatoes. Add all the sauce, grated cheese cubes, mayonnaise, oregano and 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste. Add less amount of salt than above because we are using only potatoes. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
3. Spread a layer of potato mixture. Grate boiled egg above potato. Sprinkle black pepper powder and pink or black salt over the grated egg. I used pink salt. Vegetarian people can skip this step. Place cheese slice over it.
4. Spread green chutney or any chutney on a bread. Place it on the cheese slice chutney side down. Make sandwiches as above method.
5. Serve hot with any sauce, ketchup or chutney. Sandwiches have different sauce and absolutely delicious so you can enjoy the sandwiches without any sauce or chutney.
1. Sriracha or any chilli garlic sauce can be used instead of schezwan sauce. Use whatever you have.
2. You can use finely chopped green chilli in the stuffing if you want your sandwiches more spicy or you like the flavour of green chilli. To reduce the hotness soak finely chopped green chilli in 1-2 teaspoon lemon juice for a few minutes before adding in the stuffing. Take out the green chilli from lemon juice and add.
3. You can use more mayonnaise if you like.
4. Add as much grated cheese as you want. You can use mozzarella, cheddar or mix of both cheese or use whatever you have instead of cheese cubes.
5. You can also make the stuffing with only egg or only potato.
6. You can make a layer of thinly sliced onion, cucumber and tomato if you want. Sprinkle little black or pink salt and pepper powder over it. You can also drizzle little lemon juice over these slices.
If you tried my recipe, you can share your food pictures with me in the social network sites by using hashtag, #batterupwithsujata I would love to see your creations.
I would love to hear from you. Please share your thoughts and suggestions in comment.
Please visit my facebook page and hit the like button to get the latest update