Baked pasta with egg and cheese. A cheesy delicious treat for kids and adults both. You don’t have to boil the pasta before making this baked pasta. An easy peasy recipe but taste is absolutely mouthwatering.
You can use any pasta or elbow macaroni to make it. I have only cheese slices so I used it. But you can use mozzarella, cheddar or any cheese. Use whatever you have. Add as much cheese as you like. I made it simple without any vegetable this time. But I like sweet corn in my pasta. So you can use sweet corn, bell peppers or any vegetable of your choice. Even boneless chicken pieces can be added in pasta.
This time theme of our 303 #Foodiemonday bloghop is Pasta Please suggested by Priya Iyer who blog at The World Through My Eyes. Her blog is a treasure house of authentic South Indian recipes with different types of continental recipes. Recently she shared a delicious Peanut basil pesto recipe. Visit her space for step by step detailed recipe. If you want something innovative, check out her Zucchini thepla and many more.
Now coming to the recipe. As I mentioned above it’s a very easy recipe. Even you don’t need to boil and strain the pasta before making it. And to make it more cheesy add as much cheese as you like. Kids love cheesy pasta, right? You can use any cheese, use whatever available at your place. I didn’t use red chilli flakes but you can use it in pasta and sprinkle some over the cheese before baking. It will look great. You can also add finely chopped green chilli with onion. Use chilli according to your taste. You can use chicken or mutton stock instead of water.
Pasta – 2 cup
Onion – 1 large, finely chopped
Garlic – 3-4 cloves, minced
Tomato – 2 ground or finely chopped
Olive oil – 1&1/2 tablespoon
Cheese as require
Egg – 3-4
Dried Oregano or mixed Italian herbs – 2 teaspoon
Dried Basil – 1 teaspoon
Pasta or pizza sauce – 2 tablespoon
Black pepper powder – 1 teaspoon or to taste
Olive pieces to garnish, optional
Salt to taste
Water – 1&1/2 cup
1. Heat oil in a pan or wok. Add minced garlic and finely chopped onion. Fry till onion starts to change it’s colour.
2. Now add tomato paste or finely chopped tomatoes. For tomato paste grind the chopped tomatoes in your mixer grinder.
3. Add oregano, basil and black pepper powder. You can use Italian mixed herbs instead of oregano. Use whatever you have. You can add little red chilli flakes if you want. You can also add sweet corn or any vegetable of your choice. Saute till mixture dried up.
4. Add pasta and salt. Mix well. Add water, mix and cover. See notes for more options.
5. Cook till pasta about to dried up. Pasta shouldn’t be over cooked.
6. Remove the cover and mix well. Add two cheese slices or shredded cheese and mix well. This step is optional. But it will make your pasta more cheesy.
7. Taste and adjust the seasoning. Remove from heat when pasta dried up.
8. In a bowl beat the eggs with little salt and black pepper powder.
9. Preheat the oven at 180°.
10. Grease a baking dish. Transfer the pasta to the baking dish. Spread the pasta evenly into the baking dish.
11. Pour the well beaten eggs all over the pasta. Arrange 4-5 cheese slices over it. Or spread shredded cheese over the pasta. Sprinkle olive pieces over it. If you don’t have olive, skip this step. You can also Sprinkle little red chilli flakes over the cheese.
12. Bake in preheated oven at 180° for 20 minutes or until cheese becomes golden brown. Keep an eye after 15 minutes.
13. Cut in square pieces and serve warm.
14. You can store leftover pieces in refrigerator. Heat in microwave just before serving.
1. You can use more cheese if you want. You can use mozzarella, cheddar or any cheese. Use whatever you have.
2. Sweet corn, bell peppers or any vegetable can be added in the pasta.
3. Add chilli according to your taste. If you are making for kids omit chilli.
4. . Any vegetable oil can be used instead of olive oil.
5. Chicken or mutton stock can used instead of water to make this pasta.
If you tried my recipe, you can share your food pictures with me in the social network sites by using hashtag, #batterupwithsujata I would love to see your creations.
I would love to hear from you. Please share your thoughts and suggestions in comment.
Please visit my facebook page and hit the like button to get the latest update
such a wonderful, protein packed bake, Sujata. this is definitely a crowd pleaser..
The Girl Next Door says
What a delicious pasta bake, Sujata ji! 😊 Packed with nutrients, easy to make, and a great fit for lunch or dinner. What’s to not love?!
Batter Up With Sujata says
Thank you so much Priya!
I love everything about your baked pasta with egg and cheese. Protein packed, cheesy and oh so delicious!
Baked egg and cheese pasta looks super tempting. Perfect to serve as starters , lunch abs dinner . Very nutritious.
Loved the tangy taste of tomatoes in pasta, it’s very cheesy and super yummy. Cooked pasta baked with olives, cheese and egg surely tasted amazing.
Baked cheesy pasta sounds delicious. Addition of eggs makes it nutritive also. Perfect of dinner parties or game nights or family movie time.
Batter Up With Sujata says
Thank you so much 😊
Baked pasta looks so delicious, it is such a filling protein rich meal for whole family..
Jayashree T.Rao says
Baked pasta with egg and cheese looks delicious and a healthy one. Loved the idea of baking it with the topping of cheese, yummy.
Baked pasta with egg and cheese looks so yum di. I would love to finish this up 😉
Cheesy and protein-packed, what else one will need to enjoy!
Priya Vj says
Hey suja ji,I too love sweet corn in my pasta . This baked pasta is surely a hit with kids and elders!! Loved the way you have baked till the cheese turns crisp and golden brown
Baked pasta with egg and cheese is such a lip-smacking dish and would love to have it anytime. The perfect recipe to make at parties too.