Soybean egg casserole. A delicious, nutritious and wholesome meal. Just combine everything and bake, your filling comforting and tasty meal is ready in 30-40 minutes if you have the ingredients like boiled soybean etc are ready in advance. You can call it a protein packed casserole because its made with eggs and soybean. Both are enriched with protein and vitamins. Earlier shared Egg corn cottage cheese casserole here.
What is casserole
According to Wikipedia A casserole is a variety of a large, deep pan or bowl used for cooking a variety of dishes in the oven; it is also a category of foods cooked in such a vessel. To distinguish the two uses, the pan can be called a “casserole dish” or “casserole pan”, whereas the food is simply “a casserole”.
Now here is nutritious casserole recipe for you. You can also use bell peppers, capsicum or any vegetable of your choice. And topping is entirely depends on your choice. You can use sliced onion or tomato for topping. I used onion green from my terrace garden.
Soybeans are high in protein and a decent source of both carbs and fat. They are a rich source of various vitamins, minerals, and beneficial plant compounds, such as isoflavones. For this reason, regular soybean intake may alleviate the symptoms of menopause and reduce your risk of prostate and breast cancer. To read more about soybean Click here.
Eggs are one of the few foods that should be classified as “superfoods.” They are loaded with nutrients, some of which are rare in the modern diet. Eggs are among the most nutritious foods on the planet. Eggs are an excellent source of protein, with a single large egg containing six grams of it. Eggs also contain all the essential amino acids in the right ratios, so your body is well-equipped to make full use of the protein in them. Eating enough protein can help with weight loss, increase muscle mass, lower blood pressure and optimize bone health, to name a few. Source – Healthline
You can serve this with delicious Broccoli almond cheese soup or any other soup. Click here to get some different soup recipes. You may also like to serve it with Creamy mushroom and sweet corn soup from the blog of my friend Swaty Malik.
To make this casserole you have to boil overnight soaked soybean and a peeled and chopped potato first. After boiling mash well. Grind the semolina or suji with curd or yogurt. I have used homemade curd. Use everything in room temperature. Milk should be lukewarm. I have used Italian seasoning but you can use any seasoning of your choice. Even you can use Indian spices. Add seasoning according to your taste. You can use any flour instead of semolina or suji. And if you are using flour then no need to grind. Just mix with all the other ingredients. You can use as much cheese as you like. If you’re making for kids add more cheese. Kids love cheesy taste, right?
Subscribe with your mail address to get all the recipes straight to your mailbox immediately after publishing.
Soyabean – 1/2 cup
Egg – 4-5
Potato – 1 medium
Sweet corn – 1/2 cup
Onion – 1, finely chopped
Garlic – 4 cloves, finely chopped
Green chilli – 1, finely chopped
Olive oil – 4 tablespoon
Semolina or suji – 3/4 cup
Curd or yogurt – 1/2 cup
Milk – 1/2 cup
Pizza sauce – 3 heaped tablespoon
Salt – 1&1/2 teaspoon or to taste
Black pepper powder – 1 teaspoon or to taste
Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
Oregano – 1 teaspoon
Dried basil – 1/2 teaspoon
Cheese cube – 2-3, grated
Onion green – 1, chopped
1. Rinse the soybean well and soak in sufficient water overnight.
3. Peel and chop the potato roughly.
4. Grease a baking dish with oil.
5. Drain the water and rinse the soybean again. Cook in a pressure cooker with roughly chopped potato and 2 cup water. After 1 whistle reduce the heat. Pressure cook on simmer for 25-30 minutes or till soybean becomes soft. Let the pressure settle down on its own.
6. Open the pressure cooker and cook again till all the moisture evaporate if any. Take out the boiled soybean and potato in a plate or bowl. Mash with potato masher or with hand.
7. Finely chop 1 onion, 4 garlic and 1 green chilli. You can add more garlic and green chilli if you like.
8. Heat 2 tablespoon oil in a pan. Add garlic and fry for a few seconds. Add finely chopped onion and green chilli. Fry till onion becomes brown. Remove from heat and let it cool down.
9. In a large bowl whisk the eggs with a wire whisker. You can add 1-2 more eggs if you want. If you are using more eggs then reduce the amount of milk. Batter should be thick but flowing. Just like cake batter.
10. Grind semolina or suji in your mixer grinder. Add curd and blend again. Take out the mixture and mix with whisked eggs.
11. Add salt, black pepper powder, oregano, dried basil leaves, 2 tablespoon oil, pizza sauce, fried onion, garlic, green chilli and milk. Milk should be room temperature or lukewarm. Also add mashed soybean and potato. Mix everything well.
12. Add baking powder and whisk everything well with a wire whisker. Add sweet corn and grated cheese. I have used cheese cubes. You can use cheddar, mozzarella or any cheese. Mix well. I have used frozen sweet corn. You can also use boiled sweet corn.
13. Preheat the oven at 180° and for OTG preheat at 200°.
14. Pour the batter in greased baking dish. Spread grated cheese. I used cheddar and mozzarella mixed cheese. You can use mozzarella or any cheese. Sprinkle onion green, pickled Jalapeno, olive slices and sweet corn all over it.
15. Bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or top of the casserole becomes brown. Slice and serve warm.
1. You can add as much cheese as you like.
2. Any flour can be used instead of semolina or suji. If you are using flour then no need to grind.
3. You can use any seasoning instead of Italian herbs. You can also use Indian spices if you want.
4. You can use bell peppers, capsicum or any vegetable of your choice.
If you tried my recipe, you can share your food pictures with me in the social network sites by using hashtag, #batterupwithsujata I would love to see your creations.
I would love to hear from you. Please share your thoughts and suggestions in comment.
Please visit my facebook page and hit the like button to get the latest update