Oats millet coconut sugar brownie. A gluten free soft fudgy brownie made with bajra or pearl millet flour, oats powder, coconut sugar and olive oil. Very easy to make yet taste is scrumptious. Also sharing video recipe of this delicious brownie.
Earlier I always shared eggless bakes. But this brownie is with eggs. Very nutritious and tasty brownie so it can be enjoyed by kids and adults both. You can say taste bhi health bhi. So we don’t have to compromise taste for health. Try this easy way to make kids friendly brownie and enjoy the delectable taste. Spread some melted chocolate over the brownie pieces and see the happy faces of your kids.
Here are some more gluten free bakes from this blog.
You may also like to try Chai spiced banana bread from the blog of Kalyani Sri.
I have used half cup oats powder and half cup Bajra or pearl millet flour to make this brownie. If you don’t have oatmeal grind rolled oats into fine powder. I also ground regular rolled oats. Measure after grinding. You can also use any flour instead of bajra or pearl millet flour. Coffee, cocoa powder and vanilla essence will give a lovely aroma. Do try and enjoy the delectable taste and aroma.
Subscribe with your mail address to get all the recipes straight to your mailbox immediately after publishing.
Video recipe of this healthy and delicious brownie
Oats powder – 1/2 cup
Bajra or pearl millet flour – 1/2 cup
Coconut sugar – 1/2 cup
Olive Oil – 1/4 cup
Lemon juice – 1/4 teaspoon
Vanilla essence – 1 teaspoon
Milk – 1/4 cup
Baking soda – 1/2 teaspoon
Cocoa powder – 2 tablespoon
Instant coffee powder -1 teaspoon
Salt – 1/8 teaspoon
1.Preheat the oven at 160°. For OTG preheat at 180° and bake for 30-35 minutes. Every oven takes different time so check after 28 minutes.
2. Grease or line a baking pan. Sprinkle little cocoa powder.
3. In a bowl mix oats powder, bajra or pearl millet flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder.
4. In a large bowl whisk eggs, add coconut sugar and whisk again. Add milk, oil vanilla essence lemon juice and coffee. Whisk well.
5. Now add all the dry ingredients gradually and mix well. Make a lump free smooth batter.
6. Transfer the mixture in greased or lined baking pan. Tap the cake pan gently on your kitchen counter to remove the air bubbles.
7. Bake in preheated oven at 160° for 28 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Insert a toothpick in the middle to check. If toothpick comes out clean then your brownie is ready.
8. Let it cool down completely. Demould, slice and serve. Run a knife around the edges of the brownie and place the cake pan upside down on a plate to demould.
9. You can spread some melted chocolate over the brownie pieces if you want. Microwave the chocolate or melt on a double boiler and spread over the brownie. I served half of the brownie pieces with melted chocolate.
1. Any sweetener can be used instead of coconut sugar.
2. You can use any flour instead of bajra or pearl millet flour and oats powder. You can also make it with whole wheat flour or atta.
If you tried my recipe, you can share your food pictures with me in the social network sites by using hashtag, #batterupwithsujata I would love to see your creations.
I would love to hear from you. Please share your thoughts and suggestions in comment.
Please visit my facebook page and hit the like button to get the latest update