Gluten free and vegan savoury pancakes with bottle gourd and carrot. Pearl millet or bajra atta, sorghum flour or jowar atta, oats, bottle gourd and carrot made this pancakes nutritious and spices made it absolutely delicious. We always need some nutritious breakfast and its a perfect dish for health conscious people and as well as who like to satisfy their taste buds.
Yes, I used all the healthy flour to make these pancakes and very happy with the taste. Its a super hit breakfast in my home. All the flour has numerous health benefits.
Pearl Millet commonly known as Bajra in India is rich in essential compounds like protein, fibre, phosphorous, magnesium and iron. Due to its rich composition of minerals and proteins, Pearl Millet has many health benefits. It contains essential amino acids and vitamins also which contribute to its therapeutic properties. 5 reasons you should include bajra in your diet
1. Powerful for controlling diabetes.
2. Weight loss.
3. Reduces cholesterol
4. Helps in digestion
5. Helps prevent cancer
Sorghum is a nutrient-packed grain that you can use in many ways. It’s rich in vitamins and minerals like B vitamins, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, iron, and zinc. It’s likewise an excellent source of fiber, antioxidants, and protein.
Oats are an incredibly nutritious food packed with important vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. In addition, they’re high in fiber and protein compared to other grains. Oats contain some unique components — in particular, the soluble fiber beta-glucan and antioxidants called avenanthramides. Benefits include lower blood sugar and cholesterol levels, protection against skin irritation and reduced constipation. In addition, they are very filling and have many properties that should make them a weight loss friendly food. At the end of the day, oats are among the healthiest foods you can eat. To read more health benefits of oats click here.
You may like some more pancake recipes on this blog.
This month in Shhhhh Secretly Cooking Challenge facebook group we are sharing different types of pancakes. Shhh Cooking Secretly a group started by Priya of Priya’s Versatile Recipes, is where every month food bloggers are paired up and give each other 2 secret ingredients to cook with according to the theme chosen. This month my partner is lovely Swaty Malik. I always love her healthy and easy to make recipes like Spinach tortillas etc. Visit her space for different types of healthy and delicious recipes. Swaty gave me chaat masala and green chilli and I made this delicious and healthy gluten free pancake with bottle gourd and carrot. I gave her cumin and ginger and Swaty made a super tempting and healthy Mixed dal dosa.
You can call it a super healthy breakfast. Its a no onion garlic recipe but you can add one finely chopped onion in the batter. All the three flour, carrot and bottle gourd made these pancakes not only delicious but also nutritious.
Bajra atta or pearl millet – 1 cup
Oats powder – 1 cup
Sorghum flour or jowar atta – 1/4 cup
Bottle gourd or lauki – 1 cup, grated
Carrot – 1 large, grated
Ginger – 1 inch piece, grated
Green chilli – 2 – 3, chopped
Cilantro or coriander leaves – handful, chopped
Salt to taste
Cumin powder – 1 teaspoon
Chaat masala powder – 1 teaspoon
Black pepper powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Water – 2 cup
1. Peel and grate the bottle gourd or lauki, carrot and ginger.
2. In a large bowl mix all the three flour, salt, finely chopped green chilli, cilantro or coriander leaves, cumin powder, chaat masala powder, black pepper powder, grated bottle gourd, carrot and ginger.
3. Add water gradually and whisk well. Make a lump free batter. Batter should be thick but flowing. Cover and keep aside for 15 minutes.
4. Heat a skillet or non stick pan. Spread little oil. Pour a ladle full batter in the center. Spread the batter gently with a spatula.
5. Let it cook on low flame till edges becomes light brown. Drizzle little oil on the sides. Flip and cook the other side too till golden brown.
6. Serve hot with any chutney or sauce.
1. Add green chilli according to your taste.
2. One finely chopped onion can be used in the batter.
3. You can use any other flour instead of these flour.
If you tried my recipe, you can share your food pictures with me in the social network sites by using hashtag, #batterupwithsujata
I would love to see your creations.
I would love to hear from you. Please share your thoughts and suggestions in comment.
Please visit my facebook page and hit the like button to get the latest update