Veg Kabab or green gram/sabut moong Kabab. You can call it veg galouti Kabab. Because texture of this Kabab is mouth melting. This lentil Kabab taste lipsmackingly delicious and made with all the nutritious ingredients.
Whole green gram or sabut moong dal, chana dal or Bengal gram, paneer or cottage cheese and all the whole spices with ginger garlic onion made these Kabab super yummy and aromatic.
You can use boiled and grated potato with lentils or dal if you wish. I have used bread crumbs for binding, but you can use oatmeal, semolina or suji, corn flour or any binding. Use whatever you have. To make it gluten free use oatmeal or oats powder.
I have already shared two more different Kabab recipes on this blog. Click on the name below for recipe.
I have serve these Kabab with ginger chutney.
You can serve with any chutney, dip or sauce.
You may like some more chutney recipes on this blog.
Sending this post to 221 #Foodiemonday bloghop. This week’s theme is Moong Magic suggested by Swaty Malik who blog at Food Trails.
Our bloghop member Swaty has a wonderful blog. Do visit her blog for many mouthwatering recipes. She has a vast collection of festive dessert, soups, curries and many more. I am sure you will love her space.
Veg Kabab is very easy to make. You have to boil and grind the lentils with spices and fry with onions. Make a dough with very little binding. For soft mouth melting Kabab don’t use more than 2 tablespoon binding. You can use green chilli according to your spice tolerance. You can also add more garlic if you like.
Sabut moong dal or whole green gram – 1 cup
Chana dal or Bengal gram – 1/2 cup
Paneer or cottage cheese – 1 cup, grated
Ginger – 1 inch piece
Garlic – 6 -7 cloves or to taste
Green cardamom – 2
Cinnamon – 1 inch piece
Cloves – 3
Water- 1&1/2 cup
Onion – 2 chopped
Green chilli – 3 – 4 or to taste, chopped
Cilantro or coriander leaves – handful, chopped
Salt to taste
Cumin powder -1 teaspoon
Black pepper powder – 1 teaspoon
Chaat masala powder – teaspoon
Bread crumbs – 2 tablespoon
Oil – 2 tablespoon + to shallow fry
1. Soak the green gram or sabut moong dal and chana dal in sufficient water for overnight.
2. Rinse and pressure cook the dal with chopped ginger, garlic, green cardamom, cloves, cinnamon and salt for 3 – 4 whistle or after 1 whistle reduce the heat and cook on simmer for 10 minutes. Let the pressure settle down on it’s own.
3. Grind the dal or lentils. Grate or mash the paneer or cottage cheese.
4. Heat oil and add chopped onion and green chilli.
5. Fry until onion starts to change it’s colour. Add mashed or grated paneer or cottage cheese. Mix well.
6. Now add ground dal or lentils, cilantro or coriander leaves, salt, cumin powder, chaat masala powder, black pepper powder. Mix well. Saute till the mixture dried up completely.
7. Remove from heat and let it cool down.
8. Taste and add more salt if require. Add bread crumb and mix. Don’t add too much binding. For mouth melting kabab dough should be soft.
9. Make medium sized balls. You can make 18 – 20 balls.
10. Flatten the balls with your palm. Make all the patties like this.
11. Shallow fry the patties with little oil.
Serve hot with any chutney or sauce.
1. Use chilli according to your taste.
2. You can add more garlic if you like.
3. Ots powder, semolina, corn flour or any binding can be used instead of breadcrumb. To make gluten free use oats.
If you tried my recipe, you can share your food pictures with me in the social network sites by using hashtag, #batterupwithsujata
I would love to see your creations.