Green chilli infused or green chilli flavoured rasgulla or chilli rasgulla.
Yes, sweet spongy delicious rasgulla in a new flavour. Slightly hotness of green chilli made these rasgulla more yummy.
Rasgulla is an Indian syrupy dessert popular in the Indian subcontinent and regions with South Asian diaspora. It is made from ball-shaped dumplings of chhena and semolina dough, cooked in light syrup made of sugar.
Source – Wikipedia
Earlier I have made some more different fruity flavoured rasgulla. But this green chilli infused rasgulla is totally different. These slightly hot and sweet rasgulla or jhal misti rosogolla are really heavenly.
You can also make these rasgulla with more green chilli flavoured and with little hotness. See notes for option.
Sending this post to 210 #Foodiemonday blog hop #UltaPulta theme suggested by Kalyani Sri who blog at Sizzling Taste Buds.
Do visit her space for many delicious and authentic recipes. I have already bookmarked some of her recipes to try. I am sure you will love her wonderful blog.
Kalayani suggested to make something sweet with savoury ingredients or something savoury with sweet ingredients.
At first I have planned to make a cake with some savoury ingredients. But I have already made few cakes recently. And one of my friend Vinita is in town this time. I have planned to surprise her with a completely new dessert. She just loved it. She also want to learn about the method. So I have to make it again to show her the method to make this chilli rasgulla. And this time used only chilli and didn’t open the cover in-between. And result is better so updating the recipe. These are more spongy and bigger in size. Here is a picture for you.
You may like some more different flavoured rasgulla recipes on this blog.
1. Komola bhog or orange rasgulla
2. Mango or aam rasgulla
3. Watermelon rasgulla
4. Sugar and jaggery rasgulla with tips and tricks
Heavenly desserts made with rasgulla
1. Baked rasgulla
2. Rasgulla kheer or pudding
3. Egg less rasgulla cupcake
And a savoury dish with rasgulla
Savoury rasgulla korma
Before making this rasgulla please read all the tips and tricks of making rasgulla here.
Follow all the tips to make perfect spongy rasgulla. Just mash the cottage cheese well till smooth and your palm becomes greasy. And always make rasgulla in a large and broad pan.
Cow milk – 1 litre
Lemon juice or vinegar – 3-4 tablespoon or as required
Sugar – 1 heaped cup
Water – 5 cup
Green chilli – 1
Green food colour – 2-4 drop
1. Rinse the green chilli. Cut and discard the tips.
2. Heat milk in a heavy bottom pan. Break green chilli into half and add one piece in the milk.
3. When milk starts to rolling boil reduce the heat. Add lemon juice or vinegar.
Add 1 tablespoon at a time. Stir and add 1 tablespoon more or as require to curdle the milk completely.
4. When greenish whey and cottage cheese separates immediately pour into the strainer. If you boil further after curdling your cottage cheese and rasgulla will be hard.
5. Discard the green chilli from the cottage cheese or paneer.
6. Place a cheesecloth on a strained and pour the cottage cheese over it.
7. Wash the paneer under running water or dip the cheesecloth in a bowl filled with cold water. Wash the cottage cheese well to remove the smell of vinegar or lemon.
8. Squeeze the cloth well to drain all the water from cottage cheese.
9. Remove the cottage cheese on a large dry cloth. Wrap well and put a heavyweight on it for 1 – 2 hours.
10. . Take out the cottage cheese or paneer on a large plate.
11. Mash with your fingertips and heel of your palm. Mash till your palm becomes greasy.
12. Make small balls. These will become double. I have made 8 small rasgulla out of this cottage cheese.
13. There shouldn’t be any crack on the balls.
Press the balls between your fingers and palm tightly to make crack free balls.
14. Make round ball using your both palm. Make all the balls. To read all the tips and tricks to make rasgulla click here.
15. In a large and broad pan heat 1 cup sugar and 5 cup water. Add remaining half piece of chilli in the sugar syrup. In the picture below I have added two pieces but removed one later. If you like the syrup with more chilli taste and hotness then you can use two pieces.
16. When sugar dissolved and it starts to rolling boil add the cottage cheese balls one by one. Let it boil on full flame from 2 – 3 minutes.
17. Cover and cook on medium-high heat for 20 minutes.
18. Don’t remove the cover in-between.
19. Now switch off the heat. Keep it covered for 1 – 2 hours or until completely cool down.
20. You can keep these in the refrigerator for 5 – 6 days.
Serve chilled or at room temperature.
1. If you want your rasgulla little more hot add one full broken green chilli in the sugar syrup.
2. If you want your rasgulla sweeter. Take out some syrup from rasgulla. Add some more sugar and boil for few minutes or till sugar dissolved completely. Add all the rasgulla with syrup in it and cover. When it starts to boil remove from heat. Cool again to serve.
3. Always use full cream cow milk to make rasgulla.
4. For spongy rasgulla mash the cottage cheese well with your fingertips and heel of your palm.
If you tried my recipe, you can share your food pictures with me in the social network sites by using hashtag, #batterupwithsujata
I would love to see your creations.
I would love to hear from you. Please share your thoughts and suggestions in comment.
Please visit my facebook page and hit the like button to get the latest update