Cauliflower in microwave or Fulkopi bhapa. A very easy to make yet lipsmackingly delicious no onion garlic curry made with lightly fried cauliflower, fresh coconut and some spices. Just mix everything and microwave for 10 minutes. A perfect side dish to serve with steamed rice.
Here are some sweet and savoury microwave recipes from this blog.
You may also like to try a wonderful Microwave recipe from the blog of my friend Sasmita.
This Fulkopi bhapa or steamed cauliflower is very easy to make. Just marinate everything and microwave for 10 minutes. A delicious side dish without any mess. If you don’t have microwave, then you can also make it on stove top. Place the marinated cauliflower in a covered container and steam. To steam on stove top heat water in a pot or steamer basket. Place the covered container with marinated cauliflower over the pot and steam. For me microwave cooking is much easy and hassle free.
Subscribe with your mail address to get all the recipes straight to your mailbox immediately after publishing.
Mustard powder- 1&1/2 tablespoon
Poppy seeds or khas khas- 2&1/2 tablespoon
Kashmiri red chilli powder- 1&1/2 teaspoon
Turmeric powder- 1/2 teaspoon
Green chilli- 2-3 or to taste
Coconut- 2 tablespoon
Salt to taste
Mustard oil- 3 teaspoon
Curd or yogurt – 1/4 cup
Water-1 cup + 3 tablespoon to soak Mustard powder, turmeric powder and Kashmiri red chilli powder. And 3-4 tablespoon to grind the spices
1. Cut the cauliflower into medium size florets. Rinse and drain the water.
2. Soak mustard powder in 3 tablespoon water. Add turmeric powder and Kashmiri red chilli powder with mustard powder mix well.
3. Heat 2 tablespoon mustard oil in a pan. Add cauliflower florets and fry till cauliflower florets becomes light brown. Remove from heat and keep aside.
4. Grind the poppy seeds or khas khas into fine powder. You can also soak the poppy seeds in hot water and grind to make smooth paste when cool. After grinding the poppy seeds add chopped green chilli and grated coconut and grind altogether with 2-3 tablespoon water. Add green chilli more or less according to your taste. Make a smooth paste of poppy seeds, green chilli and coconut. You can use 1-2 tablespoon more water to grind if require.
5. Now add curd or yogurt and blend with the paste. You can whisk the curd separately if you want. Curd should be blend really well.
6. In a microwavable glass bowl pour the ground paste with curd, soaked mustard powder with turmeric and Kashmiri red chilli powder and salt. Mix everything well.
7. Add fried cauliflower and mix again. Add 1-2 tablespoon mustard oil and 2 tablespoon chopped cilantro or coriander leaves. You can also add 2-3 slit green chili.
8. Cover the bowl loosely and microwave on high power for 10 minutes. Switch off the oven and keep it in microwave for 5-6 minutes.
9. After 5-6 minutes take out the cauliflower from oven and garnish with cilantro or coriander leaves. Serve hot with steamed rice.
If you tried my recipe, you can share your food pictures with me in the social network sites by using hashtag, #batterupwithsujata I would love to see your creations.
I would love to hear from you. Please share your thoughts and suggestions in comment.
Please visit my facebook page and hit the like button to get the latest update