Eggless fresh fruit cake with black carrot, strawberry, chikoo or Sapodilla organic jaggery, olive oil, whole wheat and soybean flour. Cake is super soft, moist, healthy and absolutely delicious. An aromatic cake with all the goodness of fresh fruits. Protein rich soybean flour will make your cake nutritious and soft. You can get two more jaggery cake recipes on this blog. Click on the name below for recipe.
And a collection of Eggless fruit cakes
You can also type cake on search to get many gluten free and healthy cakes. Not only eggless but this cake is also butter less and APF less. So you don’t need maida or refined flour, eggs or butter. If you don’t have olive oil then you can use any flavorless oil instead. We normally use fresh fruit for icing but tried this tea cake with fresh fruit and very happy with the taste and texture.
I have used black carrot, chikoo, strawberry, dried cranberries, fig and flavoured with dried ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg. And with whole wheat flour used soybean flour to add some protein and to make the cake more soft. I have used organic jaggery powder to sweetened the cake. You can use brown sugar, confectionery sugar, stevia or any sweetener of your choice. But I recommend to try with organic jaggery powder if you are making it for kids. You all know the health benefits of all these fruits and soybean flour so I am not making the post long and coming to the recipe. If you want you can get many articles about health benefits of these ingredients on Google.
This recipe is my contribution to 282 #Foodiemonday bloghop Best Of Berries theme. This lovely theme suggested by Poonam Bachhav who blog at Annapurna. Poonam has a great collection of different types of wonderful recipes. I love her variety of thali recipes. And bookmarked her Healthy gingerbread cookies to try soon.
As I mentioned above that you can use any sweetener of your choice instead of organic jaggery powder, you can also use any flour instead of whole wheat flour and soybean flour. Like any gluten free flour or even APF or maida can be used. And for flavour you can use vanilla or any essence of your choice if you don’t like cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger powder. You can also add any chopped dry fruits of your choice. I have made this cake in my Samsung microwave. If you are using microwave convection or hot blast mode set the temperature 150°-160° but for OTG set the temperature at 180°.
Whole wheat flour or atta – 1 cup
Soyabean flour – 1/2 cup
Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
Baking soda – 1/2 teaspoon
Cinnamon powder – 1 teaspoon
Nutmeg powder – 1/4 teaspoon
Dry ginger powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Strawberry – 1/2 cup, chopped into small pieces
Chikoo or Sapodilla – 1
Dried cranberries – 2 tablespoon, chopped
Dried fig – 2 tablespoon, chopped
Black carrot – 1 cup, peeled and grated + to sprinkle
Organic jaggery powder – 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon
Olive oil – 1/3 cup
Milk – 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoon
Vinegar or lemon juice – 1 tablespoon
1. Grease a loaf pan or line with parchment paper and brush with oil.
2. If you are using OTG preheat the oven at 180° for 10 minutes. And for new model Samsung microwave set hot blast function. Set the temperature at 150° and press start. Your oven will start to preheat.
3. Peel and chop the chikoo into small pieces. Also chop the strawberries into small pieces.
4. In a bowl mix both fruits with 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder and 1 tablespoon organic jaggery powder. Keep aside.
5. Stir 1 tablespoon vinegar or lemon juice in lukewarm or room temperature milk. Your buttermilk is ready to use.
6. In a bowl sieve whole wheat flour or atta, soybean flour, baking powder, soda, dry ginger powder, nutmeg powder and 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon powder. Sieve twice.
7. Mix chopped dried cranberries and dried fig pieces in the sieved flour.
8. In a large bowl whisk organic jaggery powder and olive oil well. Add vinegar or lemon juice mixed milk and whisk again.
9. Add peeled and grated black carrot and mix. Now add all the dry ingredients gradually and make a lump free smooth batter.
10. Fold in Cinnamon and jaggery mixed chopped strawberry and Chikoo in the batter.
11. Pour the batter into greased or lined baking pan. Level the top with a spoon. Sprinkle grated black carrot all over it. Cut the strawberry into 2 or 4 pieces and arrange on the top. Place the strawberry cut side down.
12. Bake in preheated oven at 180° for 30 – 40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Insert a toothpick in the middle to check. In Samsung microwave bake in hot blast function at 150° for 30 minutes. But check after 25 minutes. If it’s not done properly bake for a few minutes more.
13. Let the cake cool down completely. Slice and serve with milk, tea or coffee. Or serve soft moist cake as a dessert. You can also serve it with icecream. Happy baking!
1. You can use any fruit and dry fruits of your choice.
2. Any flour can be used instead of whole wheat flour and soybean flour.
3. You can use vanilla or any flavour of your choice instead of cinnamon and nutmeg.
4. If you don’t have organic jaggery powder then you can use brown sugar, confectionery sugar, stevia or any sweetener of your choice.
5. You can use any flavorless oil instead of olive oil.
If you tried my recipe, you can share your food pictures with me in the social network sites by using hashtag, #batterupwithsujata I would love to see your creations.
I would love to hear from you. Please share your thoughts and suggestions in comment.
Please visit my facebook page and hit the like button to get the latest update