Gol papdi or gur papdi or sukhdi.
A delicious, flavorful and very easy to make barfi from Gujarati cuisine. You need only 3 main ingredients. Whole wheat flour, ghee and jaggery. A perfect winter delicacy.
You have to fry the flour with ghee carefully. Flame should be low and fry till the flour becomes golden brown. It will take 12 – 15 minutes. After removing from heat mix everything and set on a greased plate to set. Easy isn’t it ☺️
Garnishing is optional, it will also taste great without garnish. But I like to sprinkle some sliced almonds for extra crunch. You can also add sliced almonds, cashews or pistachios in flour.
You may like some more barfi recipes on this blog.
Sending this post to Facebook group recipe swap challenge initiated by Jolly and Vidya.
We have to recreate a recipe from a fellow blogger’s blog. This month my partner is Sandhya Ramakrishnan who blog at My cooking journey.
Do visit her space for many tempting recipes she shared.
This month we have to choose a dessert recipe from our partner’s blog. While searching for a dessert on Sandhya’s blog loved this Gol papdi recipe. Immediately decided to make this easy and delicious looking wheat barfi or gol papdi.
Whole wheat flour or atta – 1/2 cup
Powdered or grated jaggery – 1/3 cup
Ghee / clarified butter – 4 tablespoon
Cardamom powder – 1/4 tsp
Nutmeg or jaefal powder – a pinch, optional
Almond and pistachio slices to garnish
1. Grease a plate with ghee and keep aside.
2. Heat ghee or clarified butter in a pan. Add whole wheat flour or atta. Fry on low heat till flour becomes golden brown. Stir constantly. It will take 12-15 minutes.
3. When the flour becomes golden brown remove from heat. Add cardamom powder and nutmeg powder. You can also add sliced almonds, cashews or pistachios in the flour. I didn’t. Mix well.
4. Now add the jaggery. Use grated jaggery or fine powder.
5. Mix and immediatly pour the mixture into the greased plate. Press with a spatula and spread the mixture evenly.
6. Sprinkle almond and pistachio slices.
Cut into square or diamond shape when still warm.
7. Let it cool down. Serve immediately or store in a airtight container for later use.
If you tried my recipe, you can share your food pictures with me in the social network sites by using hashtag, #batterupwithsujata
I would love to see your creations.