Today sharing one of my most favourite and very easy to make noodles recipe.
To make this delicious noodles you can use cabbage or any vegetable of your choice. I don’t like cabbage so I didn’t use. I have used whatever vegetables I had in my pantry. Sometimes I also use broccoli and capsicum.
Its a vegetarian recipe but if you want you can add shredded and boiled chicken or scrambled egg or sliced omelette in it.
Enjoy the noodles with chilli paneer, honey chilli potatoes, chilli chicken or manchurian etc.
This post is going to be a part of A to Z challenge, a challenge initiated on Facebook Group, created by Jolly
Wherein a group of bloggers come together and we choose key ingredients alphabetically to cook and post a dish every alternate month. This month’s Alphabet is letter G.
Some more recipes for this challenge I have posted earlier.
To make this noodles cut the vegetables in thin slices and cook on high heat to retain the crunch of the vegetables. Be careful while boiling the noodles. Noodles shouldn’t be over cook. If you want you can also add chicken, eggs etc.
Noodles – 150 gram
Ginger – 1 tablespoon, grated
Onion – 1 large, sliced
Garlic – 3 – 4 cloves, minced or finely chopped
Tomato 1 medium, sliced
Red Bell pepper – 1 medium, sliced
Yellow Bell pepper – 1 medium, sliced
Spring onion green – 1 – 2, chopped
Green chilli – 1 – 2, chopped
Carrot – 1 medium, thinly sliced
Vinegar – 2 tablespoon
Tomato sauce – 1 tablespoon
Schezwan sauce – 1 & 1/2 tablespoon
Soya sauce – 2 tablespoon
Chilli sauce – 1/2 tablespoon
Black pepper powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Oil – 2 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon
1. Boil the noodles and 2 minutes or according to the instructions printed on the noodles packet. Add 1 teaspoon salt in the boiling water then add the noodles. Boil for 2 minutes and drain the water immediately.
2. Rinse the noodles with tap water.
Spread on a plate and toss with 1 teaspoon oil to prevent sticking.
3. Peel and chop the carrot into thin slices.
Thinly slice the red and yellow bell pepper and tomato.
4. In a bowl mix vinegar, soya sauce, tomato sauce, chilli sauce and Schezwan sauce. Keep aside.
5. Heat oil in a pan. Add sliced onion, garlic and green chilli. Fry till onion becomes translucent.
6. Add grated ginger and carrot. Fry for 2 minutes.
7. Add bell peppers, spring onion green and tomato. Saute for 1 minute.
8. Add vinegar, soya, chilli, tomato and Schezwan sauce. Mix well.
9. Now add the boiled noodles, salt and black pepper powder. Toss well.
10. If you feel difficult to toss, mix with the help of two spatula or tongs.
11. When the noodles will coated well with sauce, remove from heat.
12. Garnish with chopped spring onion green and ginger julienne.
Serve hot with chilli paneer, chilli chicken or manchurian.
1. You can use any vegetable like cabbage, broccoli florets, capsicum, beans etc.
2. Boiled and shredded chicken can be used with vegetables.
3. You can add scrambled eggs or omelette pieces in the noodles.
4. Use chilli according to your taste. If you are making it for kids then you can skip chilli and chilli sauce.
If you tried my recipe, you can share your food pictures with me in the social network sites by using hash tag, #batterupwithsujata
I would love to see your creations.