Vegan oats mango smoothie bowl with chia seeds. A very delicious, filling and nutritious breakfast smoothie. You don’t need any sweetener to make this smoothie. If you like mango then its a perfect breakfast smoothie for you. You can satisfy your sweet tooth without any guilt.
Earlier shared one more Vegan smoothie bowl on this blog. For 27 more different types of Smoothie recipes click here. You may also like to try Mango almond shake from the blog of my friend Preethi Prasad.
Ingredients used to make this delicious and healthy smoothie bowl.
Oats – Used rolled oats to make this smoothie. We often use oats to make different breakfast dishes. And we all know that fiber rich oats have many health benefits. You can get many other Oats recipes here.
Mango – Used sweet variety dasheri mango. These mangoes are very sweet so I didn’t use any sweetener. You can use any type of ripe mango. To get some Recipes with mango click here.
Almond – Used almond or badam to make this smoothie more nutritious. You can use almond in many other recipes. You can get some recipes here.
Chia seeds – I used overnight soaked chia seeds. You can soak the chia seeds for 2 hours only if you want. Chia seeds are very nutritious.
The antioxidants, minerals, fiber, and omega-3 fatty acids in chia seeds may promote heart health, support strong bones, and improve blood sugar management. To read more about Chia seeds click here.
For garnishing used mango cubes, shredded almond, soaked chia seeds and roasted mixed seeds. Mixed seeds are optional but I like the crunch of the seeds.
Roasted mixed seeds – I have a mixture of roasted pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, muskmelon seeds and flax seeds. You can use any mixed seeds. You can get some different recipes With mixed seeds here.
Seeds are great sources of fiber. They also contain healthy monounsaturated fats, polyunsaturated fats and many important vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
When consumed as part of a healthy diet, seeds can help reduce blood sugar, cholesterol and blood pressure. Source
This smoothie bowl is very filling and nutritious. You will also love it’s delectable taste. And you can enjoy it without adding any sweetener. Or if you like your smoothie sweeter or your mango is not enough sweet then you can add little honey, coconut sugar, stevia or any sweetener of your choice. See notes for more options.
Subscribe with your mail address to get all the recipes straight to your mailbox immediately after publishing.
Recipe video of this healthy and delicious smoothie bowl
Oats – 1/4 cup
Ripe mango – 1 cup, chopped
Almond – 8-10
Chia seeds – 1 tablespoon
Water – 5 tablespoon
Mango cubes, chopped almond and mixed seeds to garnish
1. Soak chia seeds in 5 tablespoon water for 2 hours or overnight. I soaked overnight. It will look like gel when soaked.
2. Soak the almond in hot water and let it cool down. Drain the water and peel the almond.
3. Grind the oats into fine powder. Add mango pieces, peeled almond and soaked chia seeds. Reserve some soaked chia seeds for garnishing.
4. Blend everything well to make smooth. Taste and add little honey, coconut sugar, stevia or any sweetener as require. My mango is enough sweet so I didn’t use any sweetener. See notes for more options.
5. Transfer the smoothie to the bowl. Garnish with mango pieces, chopped almond and soaked chia seeds. Sprinkle some roasted mixed seeds over the smoothie. This step is optional. You can skip but I like the crunch of roasted mixed seeds.
6. Serve immediately or keep in refrigerator for an hour or more to serve chilled.
1. You can use any fruit instead of mango.
2. You can also use banana or any other fruits with mango.
3. Add 1 teaspoon honey, stevia or any sweetener of your choice if you want your smoothie more sweet.
4. If you are using stevia powder, add 1/4 teaspoon only at first. Mix, taste and add more if required. Because stevia powder is more sweet than sugar. A pinch of stevia powder is equal to one teaspoon table sugar.
If you tried my recipe, you can share your food pictures with me in the social network sites by using hashtag, #batterupwithsujata I would love to see your creations.
I would love to hear from you. Please share your thoughts and suggestions in comment.
Please visit my facebook page and hit the like button to get the latest update