Semolina blueberry custard cupcake with malai or milk topping. A superbly delicious and soft cake with full of vanilla flavour and blueberry. You can also make a single cake following this recipe. I have made these cupcakes following my Suji malai cake recipe with some changes. You can get one more semolina cake recipe here.
As I mentioned above that this semolina cake is super soft and delicious. You don’t need any frosting. You can place one blueberry on top of every cupcake. You can use any dry fruits, tutti frutti or cranberries or any dried berries of your choice instead of blueberry. If you don’t like vanilla then use cinnamon powder, lemon zest or orange zest for flavour. And if you don’t have malai or milk topping, then you can use oil or butter.
I have made 12 cupcakes and one small cake with this batter. You can make one single cake if you like. You can also make this cake without blueberry or any berries or dry fruits. You will love the simple vanilla flavour cake.
Semolina or suji – 1 cup
Vanilla custard powder – 1/2 cup
Powdered sugar – 3/4 cup
Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
Baking soda – 1/2 teaspoon
Milk powder – 1/2 cup
Dried blueberry – 1/2 cup
Malai or milk topping – 1/2 cup
Warm milk – 1/2 cup
Thick or hung curd – 1/2 cup
Vanilla essence – 1 teaspoon
1. Grease or line cupcake or muffins moulds with cupcake liner.
2. If you are using OTG preheat the oven at 170° for 10 minutes. And for new model Samsung microwave set hot blast function. Set the temperature at 150° and press start. Your oven will start to preheat.
3. Chop the dried blueberry into 3-4 pieces and coat with 2 teaspoon flour. I have used whole wheat flour or atta. You can use refined flour or any flour you have.
4. In a bowl mix semolina or suji, custard powder, milk powder, baking powder and soda.
5. In a large bowl whisk powdered sugar, milk and curd well. Add malai or milk topping and vanilla essence. Whisk again.
6. Now add dry ingredients gradually. Mix well to make a lump free smooth batter.
7. Fold in flour coated blueberry. Pour the batter into the moulds. Fill 3/4 of the moulds. You can place one blueberry on every cupcake.
8. Bake in preheated oven at 150° for 20-25 minutes. For OTG bake at 170°. Every oven takes different time so check with a toothpick after 20 minutes.
Let the cupcake cool down before serving. Happy baking!
1. You can use any gluten free flour instead of semolina.
2. Cranberries or any dried berries or any dry fruits ot tutti frutti can be used instead of blueberry.
3. Oil or butter can be used instead of malai or milk topping.
4. You can use cinnamon, lemon, orange or any other flavour instead of vanilla.
If you tried my recipe, you can share your food pictures with me in the social network sites by using hashtag, #batterupwithsujata I would love to see your creations.
I would love to hear from you. Please share your thoughts and suggestions in comment.
Please visit my facebook page and hit the like button to get the latest update