Coconut raisins almond diabetic friendly laddu.
One more sugar free sweet recipe for diabetic and diet conscious people. And a guilt free treat for everyone. No artificial sweetener added.
I have sweetened this with raisins and almonds.
This laddu is lightly sweetened and delicious. If you want to increase the sweetness then you can add some more soaked raisins.
But remember diabetic people should take only one piece in a day not too much. Its necessary to eat a balanced diet and just moderate your intake.
These days, diabetics aren’t restricted to the dietary limitations of prior years, and eating fruits such as raisins is completely acceptable even when you’re trying to control your blood sugar levels. The key is to balance your intake of carbohydrates with fat and protein to prevent major blood glucose fluctuations.
My husband is diabetic and he likes to take little sweet with breakfast. So I have to make some sugar free sweets for him. It helps to resist him from eating sugar laden sweets.
I also love these guilt free sweets. I think these are best for diet conscious people to satisfy their sweet tooth.
You can get some more sugar free recipes here. Click on the name below to get the recipe.
Coming to the recipe. You don’t need much ingredients to make these delicious laddu. I have made these round shape laddu but you can make it in any shape of your choice.
Khoya/mawa or dried milk – 3/4 cup
Paneer or cottage cheese – 1/2 cup
Desiccated coconut – 1 /2 cup
Raisins – 1/2 cup
Almond – 1/2 cup
Cardamom powder – 1/2 teaspoon
1. Soak almonds and raisins in warm water.
2. Peel the almonds.
3. Blend almonds, raisins and dessicated coconut in a food processor or mixer grinder.
4. Add dried milk or mawa and paneer or cottage cheese.
Make a smooth paste.
5. Heat a nonstick or heavy bottom pan.
6. Add the mixture and cook on low flame, stir continuously to avoid sticking to the bottom.
7. Cook till it becomes like a dough and comes together.
8. Add cardamom powder and remove from the heat.
9. Let the mixture cool down.
10. Make small size round ball or give any shape of your choice.
Enjoy the delicious guilt free sweets.
You can keep these in refrigerator for 6 – 7 days.
1. You can add little rose water or essence with cardamom powder if you like.
2. You can use fresh grated coconut instead of dessicated coconut.
I would love to hear from you. Please share your thoughts and suggestions in comment.
If you tried my recipe, you can share your food pictures with me in the social network sites by using hash tag, #batterupwithsujata
I would love to see your creations.
Please visit my facebook page and hit the like button to get the latest update.
Stay connected at