Beetroot dip with roasted beetroot.
A delicious and easy to make dip for your snacks with all the healthy and flavourful ingredients.
You will love the taste even if you don’t like beetroot. Roasting enhanced the sweetness and taste of beetroot.
You may like some more beetroot recipes in this blog.
Beets are packed with essential vitamins, minerals and plant compounds, some of which have medicinal properties.
1. Many Nutrients in Few Calories. Beets boast an impressive nutritional profile.
2. Help Keep Blood Pressure in Check.
3. Can Improve Athletic Performance.
4. May Help Fight Inflammation.
5. May Improve Digestive Health.
6. May Help Support Brain Health.
7. May Have Some Anti-Cancer Properties. 8. May Help You Lose Weight.
Earlier I have made beetroot dip with boiled or raw beetroot.
But noticed a baked beetroot process in twitter from Gala in the kitchen. A detailed and well explained method shared on this blog. Followed the method and very happy with the result. Taste of the baked beetroot are much better than boiled or raw beetroot. You could also see the difference in colour.
Recipe is very easy and simple. If you have baked beetroot ready then you only have to blend all the ingredients. But if you don’t have oven then you can boil the whole beetroot with water in pressure cooker then peel and chop when cool before blending.
Beetroot – 2 medium
Tomato – 1 medium
Walnut – 1 tablespoon, chopped
Mint leaves – 3 tablespoon
Sesame seeds – 1 tablespoon
Dried Basil – 1 teaspoon
Lemon juice – 1 tablespoon
Black or pink salt to taste
Pepper powder to taste
Lemon zest – 1/4 teaspoon
1. Wash well and bake the beetroot. Get the method here.
2. I have used my halogen oven to bake. If you are using halogen wrap beetroot with baking paper and then aluminium foil as directed in the above link. Place beetroot on muffins tray.
3. Place the tray on high rack of halogen oven.
Select speed up at 230° for 40 minutes or till done. Insert a fork to check.
4. If you don’t have oven then boil the whole beetroot in pressure cooker with water till done.
5. Let the beetroot cool down. Peel and chop into small pieces.
6. Dry roast the sesame seeds. When it starts to change its colour to light brown remove from heat. Transfer the sesame seeds on a plate.
7. Roast the tomato.
Hold it with the help of a fork or knife on flame. Roast till the skin becomes black.
8. Dip roasted tomato in cold water.
Now peel the skin and chop roughly.
9. Blend everything altogether.
Taste and add salt and more lemon juice if require.
10. Pour the mixture in a glass bowl. Garnish with mint leaves, walnut and dry roasted sesame seeds. Serve with any snack.
You can keep it in refrigerator for 5 – 6 days.
You can add garlic cloves if you want.
If you tried my recipe, you can share your food pictures with me in the social network sites by using hash tag, #batterupwithsujata
I would love to see your creations.