Soya nuggets curry with poppy seeds, coconut and sweet corn. A delicious and flavorful curry with protein rich soya nuggets. Different aromatic spices, almonds and poppy seeds made this curry rich and absolutely delicious. A perfect accompany with naan, paratha, roti or any type of rice. You can also make this delectable curry with chicken, eggs or any non vegetarian dishes.
You may like some more recipes with soya nuggets, chunks or granules on this blog. Click on the name below for recipe.
1. Soya loaf
9. Veg calzone
To make this curry you will need onion, garlic, poppy seeds, almonds fresh coconut, sweet corn and some aromatic spice powder. I have used paste of poppy seeds, ginger, garlic, coconut and almond to make thick and rich gravy. Cubed tomatoes made the curry attractive. You can also make this gravy with eggs, chicken or any non vegetarian dishes.
Soya nuggets – 1 & 1/2 cup
Fresh coconut – 1/3 cup, grated or finely chopped
Sweet corn – 1/2 cup
Tomato – 2, cubed
Onion – 1, chopped
Ginger paste – 1/2 tablespoon
Garlic paste – 1/2 tablespoon
Green chilli – 2 – 3 or to taste
Poppy seeds or khaskhas – 2 tablespoon
Almond – 2 tablespoon
Cinnamon powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Clove powder – 1/4 teaspoon
Cardamom powder – 1 teaspoon
Cumin powder – 1 teaspoon
Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Kashmiri red chilli powder – 2 teaspoon
Black pepper powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Yogurt or curd – 1/4 cup
Salt to taste
Oil – 2 tablespoon
Cumin seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
Bay leaf – 1
Water – 1 & 1/2 cup
1. Boil the soya nuggets with 3 cup water and 1 teaspoon salt. Let it cool down. When it cool down drain the water. Rinse 2 times with fresh water. Drain and squeeze well.
2. Cut the tomatoes in cubes.
3. Soak the almond in hot water. Peel the almonds when cool.
4. Grind the poppy seeds. When it becomes powder add soaked and peeled almonds, fresh coconut and 1 – 2 green chilli. Add 3 – 4 tablespoon water and make a smooth paste.
5. In a bowl mix yogurt, turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, clove powder, cinnamon powder, Kashmiri red chilli powder, black pepper and 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder. Whisk well.
6. Heat 2 tablespoon oil in a pan or wok. Add cumin seeds and bay leaf. When cumin seeds starts to splutter add chopped onion and fry till onion becomes translucent.
7. Add ginger garlic paste. Saute till raw smell goes out and onion becomes brown.
8. Reduce the heat to low and add spices mixed yogurt. Saute till oil leaves the sides. Stir continuously.
9. Now add poppy seeds, coconut, green chilli and almond paste. Saute till the mixture dried up.
10. Add cubed tomatoes. Saute for a minute. We don’t want the tomatoes mushy.
11. Add squeezed soya nuggets, sweet corn and salt. Mix well and saute till soya nuggets coated with spices.
12. Add water and 2 – 3 green chilli. When it starts to rolling boil reduce the heat. Cover and cook on simmer for 15 minutes. If you want thick gravy add 1 cup water only.
12. Remove the cover add remaining 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder, mix and switch off the heat. You can add 1-2 tablespoon fresh cream I didn’t.
13. Garnish with sliced tomato, almond and coconut pieces. You can also garnish with cilantro or coriander leaves. Serve hot with steamed rice, pulao, jeera rice, roti, paratha, puri naan or any bread.
1. Cashew nuts can be used instead of almond.
2. Add chilli according to your taste.
3. You can also make this gravy with eggs, chicken or fish instead of soya nuggets.
4. Fresh cream can be used at the end.
This post is my contribution to A to Z monthly challenge. Wherein a group of bloggers come together and we choose key ingredients alphabetically to cook and post a dish every month. This month’s alphabet is letter P. And my star ingredient is poppy seeds.
If you tried my recipe, you can share your food pictures with me in the social network sites by using hashtag, #batterupwithsujata I would love to see your creations.
I would love to hear from you. Please share your thoughts and suggestions in comment.
Please visit my facebook page and hit the like button to get the latest update