Sprouts salad or sprouts chaat. Yes this salad is spicy and lipsmackingly delicious. In one word its perfectly chatpata to enjoy as a chaat. You can also customize this salad according to your taste .
You can enjoy this protein packed, gluten free and vegan salad any time. I have used two types of sprouts. But you can always use moong sprouts or any beans or whole lentil sprouts to make this salad. Every time change some ingredients like sometime add pomegranate arils, fresh coconut pieces, or any fruit of your choice, ginger mint leaves or dry mint powder or any herbs, lettuce or any vegetable and give a new taste to your salad. You will be never bored of your nutritious salad.
Earlier I shared some different types of sprouts recipes on this blog. Click on the name below for recipe.
And to get some different types of salad recipes click here.
Which sprouts are best for salad?
You can use any whole lentil or sabut dal, chickpeas, seeds, beans, millet or any sprouts to make salad. You can boil, blanch or steam the sprouts to digest easily.
Are salad sprouts healthy?
Despite being low in calories, sprouts are a rich source of nutrients and beneficial plant compounds. Their vitamin and mineral content varies based on the variety. However, generally speaking, the sprouting process increases nutrient levels, making sprouts richer in protein, folate, magnesium, phosphorus, manganese and vitamins C and K than un-sprouted plants. For instance, several studies show that sprouting helps increase protein content. Source – Healthline
Should we eat sprouts raw or boiled?
I like my sprouts raw for it’s crunchy texture when raw and I also like the taste of raw sprouts more than cooked sprouts. And never faced any problem. If you are using raw sprouts, wash the sprouts 4-5 times. Wash the sprouts really well before using. Drain the water completely and use in your dishes. But if you want you can boil the sprouts with water. But don’t make them mushy. Boil for a few minutes only. Or you can steam the sprouts or saute in a pan with 1 teaspoon oil for 3-4 minutes. .
Ingredients I used to make this salad
Black chickpea sprouts and white pea sprouts – These sprouts are very nutritious. But you can use any sprouts like moong sprouts or any whole lentil, beans, seeds, millet sprouts. Use whatever you have or you like.
How to make sprouts?
Wash and soak the chickpea, beans, lentils, seeds, millet overnight in a large bowl in enough water. Next day drain the water. Cover and keep in the same bowl or tie in muslin cloth and keep it in warm place. Or you can also keep them in a colander. Sprinkle little water in between if looks dry. Next day you will see the sprouts. When your legumes sprouted, you can store these in refrigerator for a week. Every time wash the sprouts well before using. For longer sprouts keep aside for 6-8 hours more.
As I mentioned you can use any sprouts and vegetables and you can also use fruits or seeds of your choice. Mixed seeds, small pieces of coconut will give a crunch to your salad. Just mix everything and serve immediately.
Please subscribe my YouTube channel and click on the bell icon to get all the recipes immediately after uploading. If you tried my recipe, you can share your pictures on social media like Facebook Instagram Pinterest and Twitter and tag me. I would love to see your creations. You can also follow me on Instagram.
Black chickpea sprouts – 1/4 cup
White pea sprouts – 1/4 cup
Cucumber – 1, peeled and cubed
Tomato – 1, chopped
Onion – 1, chopped
Lemon juice – 2 teaspoon
Green chutney – 1 teaspoon
Black or pink salt – 1/2 teaspoon
Chaat masala – 1/2 teaspoon
Black pepper – 1/2 teaspoon
Coriander leaves or cilantro – 2 tablespoon, chopped
1. Wash both the sprouts well. You can lightly boil with water or saute the sprouts in one teaspoon Olive oil if you want. Or you can also steam the sprouts. I washed the sprouts really well.
2. Peel and chop onion, cucumber and chop the tomato and cilantro or coriander leaves.
3. In a bowl mix everything. Add black or pink salt, black pepper powder, chaat masala and green chutney or coriander chutney. Add lemon juice and mix everything well.
4. Taste and add more green chutney, salt or black pepper if required. Serve immediately.
1. Any sprouts like millet, whole lentil or sabut dal, seeds, chickpeas, beans etc can be used in the salad.
2. You can also use small pieces of coconut and pomegranate arils in the salad.
3. Sweet corn or any vegetable can be used in the salad. Use whatever you have or you like.
4. You can also add mixed seeds or any seeds to give a crunch and to make the salad more nutritious.
5. If you want your salad more spicy add finely chopped green chilli and grated ginger.
Sprouts Salad Or sprouts Chaat
- mixing bowl
- 1 Spoon
- 1/4 cup Black chickpea sprouts
- 1/4 cup White pea sprouts
- 1 Cucumber Peeled and cubed
- 1 Tomato Chopped
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Green chutney
- 1/2 tsp Black or pink salt
- 1/2 tsp Chaat masala
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper powder
- 2 tbsp Coriander leaves or cilantro Chopped
- Wash both the sprouts well. You can lightly boil with water or saute the sprouts in one teaspoon Olive oil if you want. Or you can also steam the sprouts. I washed the sprouts really well.
- Peel and chop onion, cucumber and chop the tomato and cilantro or coriander leaves.
- In a bowl mix everything. Add black or pink salt, black pepper powder, chaat masala and green chutney or coriander chutney. Add lemon juice and mix everything well.
- Taste and add more green chutney, salt or black pepper if required. Serve immediately.