Bajra or pearl millet pizza crackers. Crispy crunchy eggless crackers made with pearl millet or bajra flour. A perfect winter special gluten free treat for kids and adults both. Because nutritious and protein, fiber, iron enriched gluten free pearl millet or bajra also helps to stay us warm in winter. Crackers are gluten free and if you are following vegan diet, omit cheddar cheese powder.
Here is an easy to make recipe for this season. But if you don’t have pearl millet flour or you don’t like the taste of pearl millet then you can make it with refined flour/maida or whole wheat flour/atta. Refined flour or all purpose flour/maida definitely taste better but not healthy though but you can use once in a while. Or use a mixture of refined flour and whole wheat flour. Choice is your.
This time I have used my new Samsung microwave to make these crackers. At first I was little confused about its hot blast mode. But now my experience is its perfect for baking just like convection mode or OTG. But hot blast mode takes less time and also you have to set the temperature at low. For cookies set at 160° instead of 180° and for crackers set the temperature at 170° or 180° instead of 190°. And keep an eye after 8 minutes because it bakes faster than traditional oven. Here is the picture of the new member of my kitchen 😀. I also loved the look. Isn’t looks cute? And also sharing a picture of samosa which I had made first time using it’s slim fry mode. Slim fry mode works as air fryer. And vadi or sun dried lentil dumplings using sun dry mode. You can call it instant vadi.
Bajra is rich in magnesium, which helps keep the heart healthy. It has potassium, which dilates blood vessels, allowing blood to flow more easily. This helps reduce overall blood pressure. Bajra also has fibre that helps reduce LDL, or bad, cholestrol. Source
You may like some more recipes with pearl millet or bajra on this blog. Click on the name below for recipe.
Earlier shared Whole wheat carom seeds or ajwain crackers
This week our 276 #Foodiemonday bloghop theme is Kids Party suggested by Swaty Malik. Swaty is a very talented blogger who blog at Food Trails. Do visit her space for many innovative and healthy recipes like Healthy sattu cookies , Semolina and coconut tea cake and her Palak paneer fried rice is also in my list to try soon.
My contribution for this theme is pizza flavored crackers made with pearl millet or bajra flour. Kids love pizza, right? So here is a crispy crunchy and nutritious crackers with all the goodness of pearl millet. As I mentioned above, if you want to make it dairy free just skip cheese powder. And if you don’t have bajra or pearl millet flour then you can use whole wheat flour or all purpose flour. You can also use the seasoning according to your choice.
Bajra or pearl millet flour – 1 cup
Olive oil – 3 tablespoon
Salt – 1/2 teaspoon
Baking powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Oregano – 1 teaspoon
Dried basil – 1/2 teaspoon
Chilli flakes – 1/2 teaspoon
Pizza sauce – 2 teaspoon
Garlic powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Cheddar cheese powder – 1 tablespoon, optional
Water – 5 tablespoon
1. Preheat the oven at 180°. Grease a baking pan or line with parchment paper.
2. In a bowl mix bajra or pearl millet flour, salt and olive oil. Mix well.
3. Add baking powder, oregano, dried basil, chili flakes, pizza sauce, garlic powder and cheddar cheese powder. Mix again. See notes for more options.
4. Now add water and make a smooth pliable dough. Add little more water if required. I have used 2 teaspoon water more. Cover and keep aside for 10-15 minutes.
5. Sprinkle little flour on a flat surface. Knead the dough again and roll with a rolling pin. Thickness shouldn’t be more than 1/4 inch.
6. Prick with a fork and cut with a cookie cutter or pizza cutter. Cut into your desired shape.
7. Place the crackers on baking pan. Bake in preheated oven at 170° for 8 to 10 minutes or till the crackers becomes light brown. If you are using OTG bake at 180°. Enjoy the guilt free crackers on your munching time.
1. Whole wheat flour/atta or refined flour/ maida can be used instead of bajra or pearl millet flour.
2. You can add the seasoning according to your taste.
3. Garlic paste or minced garlic can be used instead of garlic powder.
4. You can also use freshly crushed black pepper in the dough.
5. To make the crackers vegan omit cheese powder.
If you tried my recipe, you can share your food pictures with me in the social network sites by using hashtag, #batterupwithsujata I would love to see your creations.
I would love to hear from you. Please share your thoughts and suggestions in comment.
Please visit my facebook page and hit the like button to get the latest update