Corn peas barista fried rice or pulao. If you have rice and barista or fried onions ready then you can make it in a jiffy. A perfect rice dish for your party. Just prepare the rice and barista earlier. You can keep both in refrigerator. Fry and combine everything before serving. Easy isn’t it?
You may like some more rice recipes on this blog.
6. Mexican rice
7. Carrot rice
This week 240 #Foodiemonday bloghop theme is Cooking With Rice suggested by Narmadha who blog at Nams Corner. Narmadha has a wonderful blog with many mouthwatering recipes. I recently bookmarked her Chicken fry and Gluten free brownie recipe to try. Do visit her space for different types of delicious recipes.
Usually we store some frozen peas and corn in freezer. And I also keep some fried onions and barista in refrigerator. So if you don’t have much vegetables in your pantry then these stored ingredients comes handy. Make delicious rice with whole spices, barista, frozen sweet corn and green peas and enjoy. Serve it with any non veg curry or any spicy curry or simple raita. I have served it with Dum aloo.
Sweet corn – 1 cup, boiled
Frozen peas – 1/2 cup
Onion – 3, thinly sliced
Basmati rice – 1 & 1/2 cup
Bay leaf – 2
Green cardamom – 3
Cinnamon – 1 inch piece
Cloves – 3
Star anise – 1, optional
Mace or javitri – 2 strand
Lemon juice – 1 teaspoon
Ghee or clarified butter – 2 tablespoons
Water – 2 cup
Salt to taste
Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
Oil – 1 tablespoons + to fry the onions
1. Wash the rice well. Soak in water for 15 minutes.
2. Drain and add salt, bay leaf, cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, star anise, lemon juice, 1 tablespoon ghee or clarified butter and 2 cup water. Pressure cook for 1 whistle or microwave for 10 – 12 minute. Fluff the rice gently and discard the bay leaf. Rice shouldn’t be over cooked.
3. Fry the sliced onions till brown to make barista and keep aside.
4. In a pan heat 1 tablespoon oil and 1 tablespoon ghee. You can skip oil and use 2 tablespoon ghee if you like. Add cumin seeds.
5. When seeds starts to splutter add frozen peas and boiled sweet corn. Add little salt and fry for 2 minutes.
6. Add the rice and fried onion slices. Reserve little barista to garnish. Mix well. Taste and adjust salt if require. Mix gently, rice shouldn’t be break.
7. When everything combines well remove from heat. Garnish with barista or fried onion slices. Serve hot with any mutton or chicken curry or any spicy gravy. Or you can enjoy this aromatic rice with raita only.
1.You can use green chilli if you want. Add chopped green chilli after adding cumin seeds.
2. Be careful while making rice. Rice shouldn’t be mushy.
If you tried my recipe, you can share your food pictures with me in the social network sites by using hashtag, #batterupwithsujata I would love to see your creations.
I would love to hear from you. Please share your thoughts and suggestions in comment.
Please visit my facebook page and hit the like button to get the latest update Facebook page