Celebrating 7 years blog anniversary today. Seven years with 613 posts. And now its 614. Thanks to all my readers for your constant support, love and encouragement. Its possible only because of you. Now also started YouTube channel. Here is the link https://youtube.com/c/SujataRoy. Please visit and subscribe for video recipes. Hope you will like it. Thanks again.
Eggless besan/gram flour or chickpea flour cake. A super soft and easy to make cake made with very simple and easily available ingredients. Try and enjoy the delectable taste. You will love the aroma and taste. Earlier shared many more eggless cake recipes on this blog. Click here to get the recipes.
This besan cake is very easy to make and taste is absolutely delicious. You can call it a healthy treat. Coconut, cardamom, yogurt and almond will give a wonderful taste and flavour. I always love to use different flours in my bakes. You can get different types of gluten free cakes and cookies on this blog. But never tried besan in my cake. Made besan cookies but not cake. Recently watched a video of Chef Kunal Kapur. Loved the look and texture of the cake. So here is my version of besan cake for my blog anniversary. A big thank to Chef Kunal Kapur.
Subscribe with your mail address to get all the recipes straight to your mailbox immediately after publishing.
Video recipe of this delicious cake
Besan- 1 cup
Oil- 1/3 cup
Curd or yogurt- 1/2 cup
Powdered sugar- 1/2 cup
Shredded almond- 2 tablespoon
Desiccated coconut – 2 tablespoon
Milk powder- 1/4 cup
Baking powder- 1 teaspoon
Baking soda- 1/2 teaspoon
Cardamom powder- 1/2 teaspoon
Shredded almond to garnish
1. Sieve besan or chickpea flour, baking powder and soda. Add shredded almond, desiccated coconut and milk powder. Mix everything well. Add cardamom powder and mix.
2. Grease a baking pan. I used loaf pan but you can use round pan or any pan of your choice. Spread some shredded almond in the greased pan. I made it upside down cake. If you don’t want upside down cake skip this step. Spread shredded almond after pouring cake batter in the pan.
3. In a large bowl mix oil, yogurt and powdered sugar. Whisk everything well. Add dry ingredients gradually. Mix well. Make a lump free smooth batter. Watch video recipe for detailed method.
4. Preheat the oven at 170°. Use convection or hot blast mode. For OTG preheat at 180° for 10 minutes.
5. Pour the batter in greased baking pan. Tap the cake pan gently on your kitchen counter to remove the air bubbles. If you are not making upside down cake, then sprinkle shredded almond over the batter.
6. Bake the cake in preheated oven at 170° for 28 minutes or till toothpick comes out clean. Insert a toothpick in the middle of the cake to check. In OTG bake for 30-35 minutes at 180°. Let it cool down completely before slicing.
7. Cut and serve delicious soft moist flavorful besan cake and enjoy the heavenly taste. Happy baking!
If you tried my recipe, you can share your food pictures with me in the social network sites by using hashtag, #batterupwithsujata I would love to see your creations.
I would love to hear from you. Please share your thoughts and suggestions in comment.
Please visit my facebook page and hit the like button to get the latest update