Date walnut muffins with whole wheat flour,oats, almond and cottage cheese or paneer.
One more date recipe. Its sugar free, butter free and without refined flour. So perfect for diet conscious people and weight watchers.
You may like some more sugar free date cakes and cupcakes here
3. Diet cake
This post is going to be a part of a Facebook group Recipe swap challenge.
We have to recreate a recipe from a fellow blogger’s blog. This month my partner is very talented Poonam Bachhav who blog at Annapurna. Check out her space for delicious recipes. I have selected this recipe from her space.
I have added cottage cheese and almond in the muffins. Here is the recipe of delicious, healthy and guilt free muffins.
Whole wheat flour – 1 cup + 1 tablespoon
Oats powder – 1/4 cup
Almond – 1/4 cup
Cottage cheese or paneer – 1/2 cup, crumbled
Date – 40 – 45 pitted
Walnut – 1/2 cup, chopped + to sprinkle
Oil – 1/2 cup
Milk – 1&1/2 cup
Baking powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Baking soda – 1 teaspoon
1. Preheat the oven at 180° for 15 minutes.
2. Line or grease the muffins or cupcake mould with oil or butter.
3. Add 1 tablespoon flour with chopped walnuts. Mix well to avoid sinking at the bottom. Keep aside.
4. Grind the almond into fine powder.
5. Soak the pitted dates in hot milk for 2 hours.
6. After 2 hours blend the dates into smooth paste. Use the milk of soaked dates for easy blending.
7. Add crumbled cottage cheese or paneer in the blender with date paste. Blend again to make smooth.
8. Sieve whole wheat flour, oats powder, baking powder and baking soda. Mix ground almond with the flour.
9. In a large bowl mix date and cottage cheese mixture and oil. Whisk well.
10. Now add the dry ingredients and mix well. Don’t over beat.
11. Fold in chopped walnuts in the batter.
12. Pour the batter into lined or greased muffin moulds. Fill up to 3/4 .
13. Tap the moulds gently to release the air bubbles and sprinkle finely chopped walnuts over all the muffins.
14. Bake in preheated oven at 180° for 20 – 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Insert a toothpick in the middle of a muffin to check.
15. Let the muffins cool down before serving.
Enjoy the healthy and delicious muffins. Happy baking!
1. You can use refined flour or any flour instead of whole wheat flour and oats.
2. I like mildly sweet so I have used around 35 – 40 dates. If you like your muffins more sweet add 45 dates.
3. You can add any dry fruits in the batter.
4. Mashed banana or grated apple can be added in the batter.
If you tried my recipe, you can share your food pictures with me in the social network sites by using hash tag, #batterupwithsujata
I would love to see your creations.