Gluten free eggless beetroot buns.
Soft, healthy and delicious buns. Kids will enjoy the taste and colour. Perfect for tiffin or breakfast. Or just spread cheese spread, sprinkle little herbs of your choice and enjoy as a snack.
For breakfast make half and toast with butter on a skillet or pan. Make sandwich with finely pizza sauce or spread, chopped onions, Bell pepper, capsicum, grated carrot and cheese. And enjoy the happy face of your kiddos. Add vegetables of your choice. Or simply sprinkle grated cheese, oregano or any herb and chill flakes and enjoy.
We are celebrating 200 #Foodiemonday bloghop. And still missing our old members Jolly, Krithika, Waagmi and Alka.
All are old members of this group now left for different reasons. All these members and Pushpita helps me a lot on those days when I started my blog. On this #200 bloghop post I would like thanks all of you friends.
This week we are following Robin Round method. We members are cooking from each other blog alphabetically. I have adopted this recipe from the blog of Swaty Malik. Visit her blog Foodtrails for many innovative and authentic recipes.
You may like some more beetroot recipes on this blog.
1. Beetroot dip
I have made it gluten free but you can make it with whole wheat flour or refined flour or maida if you want. You can add any herbs of your choice. Add more garlic powder or minced garlic if you like the garlicky flavour.
Soyabean flour – 1/2 cup
Rice flour – 1/4 cup
Tapioca flour – 1/4 cup
Milk powder – 2 tablespoon
Yeast – 1 & 1/2 teaspoon
Milk or water – 1/4 cup
Sugar – 1 teaspoon
Salt – 1/2 teaspoon
Beetroot – 1, boiled
Oil – 2 tablespoon
Oregano – 2 teaspoon
Dried rosemary – 1/2 teaspoon
Garlic powder – 1/2 teaspoon, optional
Beetroot – 1, boiled
Sesame seeds to sprinkle
1. Grease a baking pan dust with little flour.
2. Preheat the oven at 200°.
3. Mix sugar and yeast in 1/4 cup warm milk or water. Milk or water should be warm not hot. Stir well and cover. Keep in a warm place for 15 minutes.
4. Peel chop and blend the beetroot into smooth puree.
5. Mix together Soyabean flour, rice flour, Tapioca flour, milk powder, salt, oregano, rosemary and garlic powder. You can add more garlic if like the taste and flavour.
6. Add sugar and yeast mixed milk, oil and beetroot puree in the flour.
7. Mix and knead the dough. Add little milk or water if require.
8. Once the dough gets together, cover and keep aside for 5 minutes.
9. After 5 minutes transfer the dough to your work surface and knead to make smooth.
10. Transfer the dough in a well-greased bowl or container and cover with a cling film, and keep aside for 1 hour. Proofing depends on weather. If the weather is cold then it may take 30 – 40 minutes more to proof.
11. Once proofed or dough doubles in size, transfer to work surface, punch down the dough. And knead for 2 minutes.
12. Divide the dough into 4-5 equal parts. Make smooth slider ball and arrange on greased and flour dusted baking pan.
13. Sprinkle sesame seeds. Keep aside for 20 minutes for second proofing.
14. Once the dough balls rise and proofed bake in the preheated oven at 200° for 15 minutes.
15. Once done, take out the buns from oven and cool on wire rack.
16. Serve with, butter or any sauce or make burgers with these healthy, delicious and gluten free buns. Or make half and toast on a pan. Spread some pizza spread on one half. Sprinkle grated cheese, finely chopped onions, Bell pepper, capsicum, tomato and chilli flakes etc. Cover with other half of the bun. Serve in breakfast or pack for tiffin.
These buns will stay fresh for 4 – 5 days and can be refrigerate for few weeks.
1. You can use refined flour or whole wheat flour or any flour of your choice instead of these gluten free flour.
2. Any herbs can be used.
3. Vegan people can use water or almond, coconut, soya or any dairy free milk.
4. Any seeds can be used to sprinkle instead of sesame seeds.
If you tried my recipe, you can share your food pictures with me in the social network sites by using hash tag, #batterupwithsujata
I would love to see your creations.
I would love to hear from you. Please share your thoughts and suggestions in comment.
Please visit my facebook page and hit the like button to get the latest update