Crisp baked potato wedges with rosemary infused olive oil. Potato wedges are crisp from outside and soft inside. You need only very few ingredients to make these wedges but taste is absolutely delectable.
You can also use this rosemary infused oil for salad dressing or marinate the chicken or many other dishes. I have used my microwave to make these delicious crispy potato wedges. But you can also make it in your OTG. Bake at 200° and heat the olive oil with rosemary on your stove top. Just warm up the oil on low heat for 5 minutes and let it cool down before using.
As I mentioned above that you don’t need much ingredients to make these potato wedges. I have used rosemary infused olive oil with oregano, garlic powder, black pepper powder and rock salt or sea salt. But you can use any herbs of your choice. I don’t like garlic much so used only 1/2 teaspoon. If you like garlicky flavour, you can use 1 teaspoon full or more. You can use any salt instead of rock salt. If you are making it for kids reduce or skip black pepper powder. You can also skip garlic powder if you don’t like.
Subscribe with your mail address to get all the recipes straight to your mailbox immediately after publishing.
Potato – 4, medium
Olive oil – 1-2 tablespoon
Dried rosemary – 2 teaspoon
Sea salt or rock salt – 1 teaspoon or to taste
Oregano – 1 teaspoon
Garlic powder – 1/2 teaspoon, optional
Black pepper powder – 1/2 teaspoon or to taste,optional
1. Peel the potatoes. Cut the potato lengthwise. Again cut the pieces lengthwise into half. Now cut all the pieces into half. You can get 8 pieces from each potato.
2. Wash the potato pieces well. Wipe the potato pieces with a kitchen napkin.
3. In a microwavable glass bowl heat olive oil and dried rosemary for 35 seconds on full power. Your rosemary infused oil is ready to use. If you want to make it in less oil then use only 2 teaspoon oil.
4. In a large bowl mix rosemary infused oil, salt, garlic powder, oregano, black pepper powder and potato wedges. Mix and coat the wedges well with oil and herbs.
5. Arrange the potato wedges on a baking tray. Sprinkle all the remaining herb mixed oil on the wedges.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes at 190°. Or until the potato wedges becomes golden brown. If you are using OTG bake at 200°. Serve crisp potato wedges immediately with any sauce.
1. Any salt can be used instead of sea salt or rock salt.
2. If you are making for kids reduce or skip black pepper powder. Or to make more spicy add little more pepper powder.
3. You can use any herb according to your taste.
4. Add 1 teaspoon full or more garlic powder if you like garlicky flavour. Or you can also skip garlic powder if you don’t like.
If you tried my recipe, you can share your food pictures with me in the social network sites by using hashtag, #batterupwithsujata I would love to see your creations.
I would love to hear from you. Please share your thoughts and suggestions in comment.
Please visit my facebook page and hit the like button to get the latest update
These fries sounds simple and delicious! I would love to try the recipe.
Delicious and tempting
Baked potato wedges flavored with Italian herbs like Oregano and Rosemerry sound both healthy and flavorful ! Would definitely give it a try.
Priya vj says
Wah kya baat suja ji. You have made the recipe for potato wedges so easy and simple . I just can’t wait to try it at home. The idea of using rosemary infused oil along with other herbs is a perfect treat
Batter Up With Sujata says
Thanks a lot Priya. Please do try and let me know how it turns out 😊
Love the potato and rosemary combo. I can feel the taste of these crispy beauties. You have presented a healthy version of potato wedges by baking them. This is guilt free snack for kids and adults both. Loved it.
Baked potato wedges flavored with Rosemerry sounds so delicious. both healthy and flavorful ! Would definitely give this easy and flavorful recipe a try.