Whole wheat milk bread with mixed seeds. A healthy breakfast bread made with whole wheat flour and mixed seeds. Serve crisp toasted bread with butter, jam or any spread or make sandwiches. Mixed seeds will make your bread more nutritious.
You may like some more bread recipes on this blog. Click on the name below for recipe.
Sending this post to Facebook group Healthy Wealthy Cuisine. This time theme is Breakfast Series suggested by Preethi Prasad who blog at Preethi Cuisine. Preethi is a very talented blogger. I love her different types of mouthwatering recipes. Recently bookmarked her Raw mango curry andChocolate affogato to try.
Check out my fellow bloggers recipes for this theme.
Lentil and spring onion pancake by Preethi
Easy poha idli by Jayashree
Sandwich dhokla by Vanitha
Paneer pyaaz paratha by Shalu
Gujarati rice khichu by Poonam
Quinoa upma by Sasmita
I am sharing my favourite breakfast bread for this theme. I have used whole wheat flour or atta to make this bread but you can also use all purpose flour or maida if you like or use half atta and half maida. Knead the dough with milk instead of water. Milk will make your bread more tasty and soft. I love crisp toasted bread and sandwiches both.
Whole wheat flour or atta- 3 cup
Dry yeast – 1 & 1/2 teaspoon
Warm milk – 1 & 1/2 cup
Sugar – 1 tablespoon
Salt – 1 & 1/2 teaspoon
Milk powder – 2 tablespoon, optional
Olive oil – 2 tablespoon + for greasing
Vinegar – 1 & 1/2 tablespoon
Roasted mixed seeds – 3 – 4 tablespoon + to sprinkle
Xanthan gum – 1 teaspoon, optional
1. Mix sugar and yeast in 1/4 cup warm milk. Milk should be warm not hot. Stir well and cover. Keep in a warm place for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes it will looks foamy like this 👇
2. In a large bowl mix whole wheat flour or atta, salt, milk powder, vinegar, olive oil and roasted mixed seeds. I have roasted mixed seeds including sunflower, pumpkin, flax, watermelon, chia and gojiberries seeds. You can use any seeds. Also add xanthan gum if you have. Adding it improve the structure of your bread. But xanthan gum is completely optional. Skip it if you don’t have.
3. Make a hole in the middle and pour the yeast mixture and 1 cup slightly warm milk. Knead the dough well and add remaining 1/4 cup milk slowly.
4. Dough should be soft and sticky. Sprinkle little flour on your cleaned kitchen counter and place the dough on it. Knead the dough for 9-10 minutes.
5. Knead the dough by pressing with your palm and heel of your palm by pushing and stretching.
6. Knead the dough really well. Now after kneading well dough will becomes less sticky. Make a ball with the dough and drop few times on the kitchen counter.
7. Grease a bowl generously. Smear the dough with oil and place in the greased bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and keep in a warm place for an hour or till the dough becomes double. Timing depends on the temperature of your place. Its summer time here so 1 hour is sufficient. I kept the dough in my oven.
8. After 1 hour punch down the dough and knead again. Flatten the dough with a rolling pin or your oil greased palm. Roll or press the dough into flat and rectangular. Fold and shape the dough into a loaf.
9. You can also make 2 small bread with this dough if you have small size loaf pan. Place the loaf in oil greased loaf pan. Place seam side down.
10. Cover and keep aside for second proofing for 30 minutes. Or till it rise above the pan.
11. Brush with water and sprinkle mixed seeds on the top.
12. Bake in preheated oven at 185° for 40 to 50 minutes or till bread becomes golden brown.
13. Take out the bread immediately and place on a cooling rack upside down to completely cool.
14. Don’t keep the bread in oven after baking, it may become soggy so let it cool on cooling rack or a towel before slicing.
15. Slice the bread when it completely cooled. Make sandwiches or toast and serve with butter, jam or any spread.
If you tried my recipe, you can share your food pictures with me in the social network sites by using hashtag, #batterupwithsujata I would love to see your creations.
I would love to hear from you. Please share your thoughts and suggestions in comment.
Please visit my facebook page and hit the like button to get the latest update