Oats whole wheat Bournvita cake with jaggery. No sugar no butter no APF yet super soft moist healthy and delicious cake. You don’t need any exotic ingredient to make this cake. All the ingredients are easily available in every home. Only 1/4 cup Bournvita has some sugar. A very healthy treat for kids.
Super food oats, whole wheat flour, jaggery and Bournvita made this cake absolutely delicious. To make this cake gluten free you can use any gluten free flour instead of whole wheat flour. And to make vegan coconut milk, soy milk, almond milk or any plant based milk can be used instead of dairy milk. I have used very little baking powder and soda in the cake. Only half teaspoon each. And used a 18 CM cake tin. Its little larger for the batter. For well rise cake use smaller cake tin or make the ingredients double.
You can get some more jaggery and sugar free cakes and muffins recipe on this blog. Click on the name below for recipe.
4. Ginger cake
Made a cake after a long time. Its my contribution to our #250 Foodiemonday bloghop theme. We are celebrating 250th bloghop so theme for this week is Celebrate With Cake.
Wanted to make a simple but healthy and sugar free cake. I don’t have dates or stevia in my pantry so used jaggery powder. And I had little Bournvita so finished it and enjoyed the taste. Cake was super soft moist and yummy. You can make it with only all purpose flour or maida or any flour of your choice. You can also use dry fruits or choco chips in the batter or sprinkle above the cake. I have used 1/2 cup oil for a moist cake but if you want to use less oil add 1/3 cup oil and increase the milk. Add 2 tablespoon more milk for a smooth pouring batter.
Whole wheat flour or atta – 1 cup
Oats – 1/2 cup
Baking powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Baking soda – 1/2 teaspoon
Bournvita – 1/4 cup
Warm milk – 1 cup
Vinegar – 1 tablespoon
Jaggery powder – 1 cup
Oil – 1/2 cup
Vanilla essence – 1 teaspoon
1. Preheat the oven at 180°. Grease a baking tin and dust with little flour or line with parchment paper.
2. Grind the oats into fine powder.
3. Mix vinegar in lukewarm milk.
4. In a bowl mix whole wheat flour, ground oats, baking powder and soda.
5. In a large bowl whisk vinegar mix milk, jaggery powder and Bournvita. Add oil and whisk well till everything combine well. Add vanilla and whisk again.
6. Now add all the dry ingredients. Mix everything well to make a smooth lump free batter. Don’t over beat. For more option see notes.
7. Pour the batter in greased and flour dusted or lined baking pan.
8. Bake in preheated oven at 180° for 30 to 40 minutes. Every oven takes different time so check after 30 minutes. Insert a toothpick in the middle of the cake. If its comes out clean your cake is ready. And if not, bake for a few minutes more. Mine took 45 minutes.
9. Let the cake cool down completely on a cooling rack before slicing. Serve with milk to the kids or enjoy the healthy and delicious cake to satisfy your sweet cravings.
1. Any gluten free flour can be used instead of whole wheat flour or atta.
2. You can also make this cake with only all purpose flour/maida if you want.
3. Almond milk, soy milk, coconut milk or any plant based milk can be used instead of milk.
4. You can use butter instead of oil.
5. If you want to use less oil use 1/3 cup oil and increase the amount of milk. Add 2 tablespoon milk more to make smooth and pouring batter.
6. You can add dry fruits or choco chips in the batter or sprinkle choco chips over the cake.
If you tried my recipe, you can share your food pictures with me in the social network sites by using hashtag, #batterupwithsujata I would love to see your creations.
I would love to hear from you. Please share your thoughts and suggestions in comment.
Please visit my facebook page and hit the like button to get the latest update