Apple jaggery cake with gluten free flour. An easy to make, healthy, delicious, gluten free and vegan cake. A cake with all the nutritious ingredients. Delicious dairy free, sugar free and butter free cake.
Cake is super soft and moist. Mixed taste of apple and jaggery made the cake divine.
I have used rice flour, soyabean flour and oats powder in the cake. You can use any flour of your choice like whole wheat flour or atta, refined flour or maida, cornmeal, buckwheat flour etc. You can also use brown sugar or normal white sugar instead of jaggery. Any fruit can be used instead of apple.
Sending this post to Facebook group Recipe swap challenge initiated by Jolly and Vidya.
We have to recreate a recipe from a fellow blogger’s blog. This month my partner is Jolly who blog at Jolly homemade recipes.
Do visit her space for many delicious recipes she shared We know each other since I started my blogging journey. Jolly is not only a talented blogger, she is a very good person and friend, always ready to help others. I have bookmarked this jaggery cake recipe just after posted. Never used vanilla essence with jaggery, sounds interesting. And really loved the mixed flavour.
If you want to make it with whole wheat flour then follow this recipe.
Apple is absolutely optional. You can use any fruit instead of apple or simply skip it. But I recommend to add one apple to enhance the taste and flavour. You can use any dry fruits instead of tutti fruity. I have used bundt pan, you can use square or round any cake pan. Even you can make loaf cake with this batter. Choice is yours. Vegan people can use almond milk, soy milk or any other vegan milk. But coconut milk taste better. You can also use dairy milk.
Rice flour – 1/2 cup
Soyabean flour – 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon
Oats – 1/2 cup
Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
Baking soda – 1/2 teaspoon
Jaggery – 3/4 cup tightly packed, grated or powder
Coconut milk – 1/2 cup, slightly warm
Olive oil or any vegetable oil – 1/2 cup
Vinegar or lemon juice – 1 tablespoon
Vanilla essence – 1 teaspoon
Tutti fruity – 1/2 cup
Apple – 1
Cashew nuts – few, optional
1. Grease a cake pan and dust with little soyabean flour or any flour you are using.
2. Preheat the oven at 180°.
3. Grind the oats into fine powder.
4. Peel and grate the apple.
5. Mix 1 tablespoon soyabean flour with tutti fruity and keep aside.
6. In a bowl mix rice flour, soyabean flour, oats powder, baking powder and soda. Mix well with a whisk. You can sieve the dry ingredients but I don’t like to discard the fibres of the flours. So I have just mixed well with a whisk, you can use your food processor.
7. In a large bowl whisk grated or powdered jaggery, slightly warm milk and vinegar. Whisk well till jaggery completely melted. See notes for more options for milk.
8. Add vanilla essence and grated apple. Mix well.
9. Now add the dry ingredients gradually.
10. Mix till everything blend well. Make a lump free smooth batter.
11. Fold in flour mixed tutti fruity.
Pour the batter into greased or lined and flour dusted cake pan.
12. Tap the pan gently on your kitchen counter to remove the air bubbles.
13. Bake in preheated oven at 180° for 30 – 40 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
Every oven takes different time so insert a toothpick in the middle of the cake to check.
14. Let the cake cool down before slicing. Enjoy slightly warm or cool cake, taste yummy in both ways.
Happy baking 😊
1. Whole wheat flour, refined flour or any flour can be used instead of these gluten free flour.
2. You can use cinnamon powder, cardamom powder or any other flavour instead of vanilla.
3. If you don’t have Bundt pan then you can use square, round, loaf or any cake pan. Even you can make cup cakes with this batter.
4. Dairy milk, almond milk, soy milk or any other dairy free milk can be used instead of coconut milk.
If you tried my recipe, you can share your food pictures with me in the social network sites by using hash tag, #batterupwithsujata
I would love to see your creations.