Date palm jaggery or khajur gur/nolen gur coconut barfi.
A delicious and easy to make sweet made with khoya/mawa or dried milk, fresh grated coconut and date palm jaggery or khajur gur or nolen gur. Aroma of nolen gur makes the sweet mouthwatering.
Texture of this perfectly sweet barfi is grainy just like kalakand. Texture and aroma makes the taste devine.
We get nolen gur in winter only. And the taste and flavour of this jaggery is amazing. Why not try some more recipes with khajur gur. Try out the recipes below. Click on the name for detailed recipe.
1. Date palm jaggery rice pudding or kheer
2. Nolen gur narkol or coconut sandesh
4. Gokul pithe
7. Jaggery oats dry fruits cookies
Recipe is very easy and simple. Just cook everything till dry and then set in a greased tray or plate. I loved it’s grainy texture just like kalakand.
If you want the texture smooth then you can blend coconut and khoya or dried milk in a blender or food processor. I didn’t.
Coconut – 1, grated
Milk – 2 cup
Khoya/mawa or dried milk – 2 cup, tightly packed, get the khoya recipe here
Date palm jaggery or khajur gur – 3/4 cup, grated
Cardamom powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Pistachios to sprinkle
1. Grease a plate with ghee or clarified butter and keep aside.
2. Boil milk in a heavy bottom pan.
3. When it starts to boil add grated coconut. Mix well.
4. Cook on low heat till the mixture about to dried up.
5. Now add khoya or dried milk. Mix well. Cook for 1 – 2 minutes.
6. Add grated jaggery and stir. Cook till the mixture dried up and come together. Mixture should be becomes like a dough. Add cardamom powder and mix.
7. Pour the mixture into the greased plate. Level with a spoon or your hand.
8. Sprinkle pistachio over it. Keep it in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
9. Cut in your desired shape. Serve as a sweet dish or keep in refrigerator for later. You can keep these in refrigerator for 6 – 7 days.
Enjoy the heavenly taste.
1. If you want your barfi texture smooth blend coconut and khoya or dried milk in a blender or food processor before cooking.
2. Sugar can be used instead of date palm jaggery or khajur gur.
If you tried my recipe, you can share your food pictures with me in the social network sites by using hash tag, #batterupwithsujata
I would love to see your creations.
I would love to hear from you. Please share your thoughts and suggestions in comment.
Please visit my facebook page and hit the like button to get the latest update
Batter Up With Sujata says
Thank you 😊