Mint paneer kofta or cottage cheese balls in mint gravy. Or you can name it hariyali/green kofta in hariyali/green gravy. Whatever you name it taste is lip-smacking.
Mint is not only nutritious its also a great appetizer. A refreshing herb of summer. Mint, coriander, lemon and spices makes this curry delicious.
A perfect party side dish.
You can serve it with any bread, pulao or steamed rice.
You will love the taste of this delicious aromatic curry.
If you have green chutney then you can make it in a jiffy. I have made kofta in appe pan with very little oil. If you don’t have appe pan you can shallow fry. Enjoy the refreshing taste of mint kofta in mint gravy.
Paneer or cottage cheese – 1 & 1/2 cup, crumbled
Cornflour – 2 tablespoon
Mint leaves or pudina – 1 cup
Coriander or cilantro leaves – 1/2 cup, chopped
Ginger – 1 inch piece
Garlic – 4-5 cloves
Green chilli – 2 – 3, chopped
Tomato – 1 medium, chopped
Cashew nuts – 2 tablespoon
Onion – 1 finely chopped
Oil – 2 tablespoon
Cumin powder – 1 teaspoon +1 teaspoon
Coriander powder 1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
Garam masala powder – 1/2 teaspoon +1/2 teaspoon
Black pepper powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Lemon juice – 1 & 1/2 teaspoon
Chaat masala powder – 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
1. Soak cashew nuts in hot water.
2. Grind mint leaves, coriander leaves, ginger, garlic, green chilli, tomato and soaked cashew nuts. Make a smooth paste.
3. In a bowl mix crumbled paneer or cottage cheese, salt, 1 teaspoon cumin powder, 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder, black pepper powder, chaat masala powder, 2 tablespoon ground mixture and 2 tablespoon cornflour.
4. Mix well and make small balls. If require you can add little more cornflour. But don’t add much.
5. Heat an appe pan. If you don’t have appe pan you can shallow fry.
Drop few drops oil in the holes. Place the balls over it. Cook on low flame till the balls become golden brown. Flip and cook other side. Kofta is ready. Keep them aside.
6. Heat oil in a pan. Add chopped onion. Fry till onion becomes translucent.
7. Now add the ground spices, cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and salt. Saute till oil leaves the sides.
8. Add water as much require for the gravy. Don’t make it runny. I like thick gravy.
9. When it starts to rolling boil add paneer balls in it. Cook on low flame for 5 minutes.
10. Switch off the heat. Add lemon juice and mix.
Taste and adjust the seasoning.
Serve hot with roti, paratha, naan, puri, Steamed rice, pulao or any type of bread.
1. You can increase or decrease the green chilli as per your spice tolerance.
2. If you like your gravy tangy, add little more lemon juice at the end.
3. Add water as per your desired consistency. If you like light gravy you can add little more water.
I would love to hear from you. Please share your thoughts and suggestions in comment.
Please visit my facebook page and hit the like button to get the latest update.
Stay connected at
Wow!…liked this idea of making kofte in appe pan. Sure gonna try it.😋
Batter Up With Sujata says
Thanks a lot Bhavana 😍😍
Loved your good recipe 🙂
Batter Up With Sujata says
Thank you so much 😊😊