Hariyali chicken or dhania/coriander chicken cooked in microwave. Also sharing the method to cook on stove top. A zero oil recipe. You don’t need to add any oil yet taste is absolutely delicious.
You don’t have to saute or fry the spices and chicken. Grind and make a paste of cilantro or coriander, tomato etc, marinate the chicken with ground paste along with salt, lemon juice and some spices and cook. A super easy as well as healthy recipe. No oil or butter required. Absolutely oil free chicken curry. To get some more chicken recipes click on the name below.
Monday again and this week’s 238 #Foodiemonday bloghop theme is #GoGreen suggested by Aruna SarasChandra who blog at Vasusvegkitchen. Aruna has a wonderful blog with different types of delicious recipes like Paneer pinwheel, Bengal style vegetable chop etc. Do visit her space for many other mouthwatering recipes.
You can cook this chicken in microwave and stove top both. I made it in microwave. You don’t need to fry or saute the spices or chicken at all. Just marinate the chicken and cook. Even no oil or butter required to make it. Easy isn’t it? If you want your chicken spicy add more green chilli or if you are making for kids reduce the amount of green chilli.
Chicken – 800 gram
Onion – 1 medium, chopped
Tomato – 1 medium, chopped
Cilantro or coriander leaves – 2 cup tightly packed, chopped
Ginger – 1 & 1/2 inch piece, chopped
Garlic – 6 – 7 cloves
Green chilli – 4 – 5 or to taste
Cumin powder – 1 & 1/2 teaspoon
Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
Garam masala powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Lemon juice – 3 tablespoon
Yogurt – 2 tablespoon
1. Clean and rinse the chicken pieces well. Mix salt and lemon juice.
2. Grind tomato, onion, green chilli, cilantro or coriander leaves and garlic altogether. Make a smooth paste.
3. Marinate the lemon juice and salt mixed chicken pieces with ground mixture, cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder and yogurt. Mix well. Cover and keep aside for 15 – 30 minutes. You can keep it overnight in refrigerator.
4. Microwave on high power for 10 minutes. Don’t add water. After 10 minutes stir well and check with a fork. If chicken becomes soft, cover again and serve after 3 – 4 minutes. And if require cook on high power for 4 – 5 minute more. Its depends on chicken. 500 gram chicken takes 10 minutes to cook. It may take 5 to 10 minutes more over 500 gram chicken.
5. For stove top cook marinated chicken on low medium heat in covered pan. Stir in between. Cook till chicken becomes soft. No need to add water.
6. Serve hot with steamed rice, fried rice, pulao, roti, naan, paratha, puri or any bread.
1. Add green chilli according to your taste.
2. You can use more garlic if you want.
If you tried my recipe, you can share your food pictures with me in the social network sites by using hashtag, #batterupwithsujata I would love to see your creations.
I would love to hear from you. Please share your thoughts and suggestions in comment.
Please visit my facebook page and hit the like button to get the latest update Facebook page
Follow on Twitter