Carrot smoothie with grapes orange mint and coconut milk. Fruity flavored Vegan smoothie with a mildly spicy kick from ginger taste divine. A perfect breakfast smoothie to start your day.
Freshly squeezed orange juice and all the goodness of different fruits with mint leaves, coconut milk and ginger made this smoothly nutritious and absolutely delicious. To get some different flavoured Smoothie recipes click here.
Ingredients used to make this smoothie
Carrot – Sweet earthy taste of carrot not only makes your smoothie delicious but carrot has so many health benefits.
It is crunchy, tasty, and highly nutritious. Carrots are a particularly good source of beta carotene, fiber, vitamin K1, potassium, and antioxidants Eating carrots is linked to a reduced risk of cancer and heart disease, as well as improved eye health. Additionally, this vegetable may be a valuable component of an effective weight loss diet. Source
Grapes – Sweet nutrients packed grapes will make your smoothie perfectly sweet tasty and nutritious.
Grapes offer a wealth of health benefits, primarily due to their high nutrient and antioxidant contents. Grapes offer several important nutrients and powerful plant compounds that benefit your health. Though they contain sugar, they don’t appear to negatively impact blood sugar control when eaten in moderation. Antioxidants like resveratrol provide most of grapes’ benefits, including their anti-inflammatory, anti-diabetes, and anticancer properties. To read more click here.
Banana – Sweet, nutritious and delicious banana will make your smoothie thick and creamy.
Bananas are a popular fruit with many potential health benefits. Bananas contain many essential nutrients and may benefit weight loss, digestion, and heart health. They may boost your digestion and heart health thanks to their fiber and antioxidant contents. Plus, they may support weight loss because they’re relatively low in calories, nutrient dense, and filling. Both ripe, yellow bananas and unripe, green bananas can satisfy your sweet tooth and help keep you healthy. Source
Orange – I used freshly squeezed orange. Vitamin C enriched orange will make your smoothie delicious and gives a lovely flavour. Discard all the seeds if you are also using freshly squeezed oranges.
Oranges are among the world’s most popular fruits — they’re as nutritious as they are tasty. They are a good source of vitamin C, as well as several other vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Some studies show that consuming citrus fruits like oranges on a regular basis may help lower the risk of certain health conditions, such as heart disease. Put simply, this bright citrus fruit is an excellent addition to a healthy diet. Source
Mint leaves – Used to enhance the taste and minty flavour. You can add more leaves if you like.
Ginger – Little ginger used to give a mildly spicy kick. If you don’t like then you can omit it.
Coconut milk – Coconut milk used to enhance the taste. I like the flavour of coconut milk. I had coconut milk powder so I used it. But you can use 1/4 to 1/2 cup canned or fresh coconut milk or use 1/4 cup grated fresh coconut instead of coconut milk.
Lemon – Used lemon to give a tangy taste and nice refreshing flavour.
Lemons contain a high amount of vitamin C, soluble fiber, and plant compounds that give them a number of health benefits. Lemons may aid weight loss and reduce your risk of heart disease, anemia, kidney stones, digestive issues, and cancer. Not only are lemons a very healthy fruit, but they also have a distinct, pleasant taste and smell that make them a great addition to foods and drinks. Source
Earlier shared two different smoothie recipes with coconut. Muskmelon coconut smoothie and Mango coconut flaxseed smoothie. You may also like to try Cornflakes banana smoothie from the blog of Priya Vijaykrishnan.
Its a filling and nutritious smoothie. You can serve this as breakfast smoothie or you can also enjoy this in your fasting days. You can also use soaked dry fruits in this smoothie. If you want to use almond, soak the almond in hot water and peel before using.
Subscribe with your mail address to get all the recipes straight to your mailbox immediately after publishing.
Carrot – 2 medium
Grapes – 1/2 cup
Banana – 1
Orange juice – 1/2 cup
Mint leaves – 12-14
Grated ginger – 1/2 teaspoon
Coconut milk powder – 1/4 cup
Lemon juice – 1 teaspoon
Shredded almond to garnish
1. Peel and cut the carrot into thin slices. Peel and chop the banana roughly.
2. Combine everything and blend till smooth and frothy. You can use 1/4 to 1/2 cup thick coconut milk instead of coconut milk powder. Or use 1/4 cup fresh grated coconut. Add ice cubes if you want your smoothie chilled.
3. Taste and add little more lemon juice if require. Pour the mixture in your favourite glass.
4. Garnish with shredded almond and mint leaves. You can also garnish with lemon wedges.
1. You can use any fruit of your choice.
2. 1/4 to 1/2 cup thick coconut milk can be used instead of coconut milk powder. Or use 1/4 cup grated fresh coconut. Blend well with all the other ingredients.
3. You can also use 2 tablespoon soaked and peeled almond in this smoothie.
If you tried my recipe, you can share your food pictures with me in the social network sites by using hashtag, #batterupwithsujata I would love to see your creations.
I would love to hear from you. Please share your thoughts and suggestions in comment.
Please visit my facebook page and hit the like button to get the latest update
Carrot Smoothie/Dairy Free Smoothie
- 1 Knife
- 1 Blender
- 2 Medium Carrot
- 1/2 Cup Grapes
- 1 Banana
- 1/2 Cup Orange juice
- 12-14 Mint leaves
- 1/2 tsp Grated ginger
- 1/4 Cup Coconut milk powder
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- Shredded almond To garnish
- Peel and cut the carrot into thin slices. Peel and chop the banana roughly.
- Combine everything and blend till smooth and frothy. You can use 1/4 to 1/2 cup thick coconut milk instead of coconut milk powder. Or use 1/4 cup fresh grated coconut. Add ice cubes if you want your smoothie chilled.
- Taste and add little more lemon juice if require. Pour the mixture in your favourite glass.
- Garnish with shredded almond and mint leaves. You can also garnish with lemon wedges.