Noodles with red cabbage and Chinese style roasted chicken drumstick. Noodles with stir fried red cabbage taste awesome. Enjoy the noodles with delicious crisp Chinese style roasted chicken drumstick made with only one spoon of olive oil.
I have served this noodles with this roasted chicken drumstick but you can enjoy these drumsticks as a side dish or starter. You can also serve this noodles with chilli chicken, chilli paneer, manchurian or any other side dish. Or enjoy it on it’s own. You may also like Gobi manchurian from my fellow blogger Kalyani’s blog to serve with this noodles.
I have some fresh large red chilli/red Jalapeno or red chilli pepper. These chillies are not hot at all. We love the taste of these red chillies and earlier used in Spicy chicken curry and some other recipes. And also used red cabbage and capsicum with tomato, onion, garlic and green chilli to make this delicious noodles.
If you are making it for kids reduce the amount of green chilli, chilli sauce and schezwan sauce. And if you want your noodles hot use 1 tablespoon each. You can also use bell peppers, cabbage, beans, carrots, baby corn, broccoli, mushrooms or any vegetable with red cabbage . I don’t have yellow bell pepper but if you have, use it to make your noodles more colorful. Vinegar soaked green chilli taste great with noodles. Serve a small bowl of vinegar soaked green chilli with tomato and chilli sauce with this noodles. Your family members or guests can add it to their plate according to their taste.
Subscribe the blog with your mail address to get all the recipes straight to your mailbox immediately after publishing.
Noodles – 150 gram
Red cabbage – 2 cup, shredded
Fresh large red chilli or Jalapeno – 4
Capsicum – 1, sliced
Tomato – 1 sliced
Onion – 1 large, sliced
Garlic – 5-6 cloves, minced
Green chilli – 3-4, finely chopped
Ginger – 1/2 inch piece, grated
Soya sauce – 1&1/2 tablespoon
Chilli sauce – 1/2 tablespoon
Schezwan sauce or chutney – 1/2 tablespoon
Tomato ketchup – 1/2 tablespoon
Vinegar – 3 tablespoon
Black pepper powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Oil – 2 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon
For roasted chicken drumstick
chicken leg piece – 4
Soya sauce – 1/4 teaspoon
Olive oil – 1 tablespoon
Garlic paste – 1/2 tablespoon
Lemon juice – 2 teaspoon
Salt to taste Chilli flakes – 1/4 teaspoon, optional
Black pepper powder – 1/2 teaspoon or to taste
1. Boil the noodles as directed on the package. Rinse the noodles with tap water and spread on a plate and toss with 1 teaspoon oil to prevent sticking.
2. In a bowl mix soy sauce, tomato sauce or ketchup, chili sauce, schezwan sauce, black pepper powder and 1 tablespoon vinegar.
3. In a small bowl soak 2 finely chopped green chilli in 2 tablespoon vinegar and keep aside.
4. Chop the red chilli pepper or large red chilli lengthwise.
5. Heat oil in a pan. Add minced garlic, onion and 1-2 chopped green chilli. Fry till onion becomes translucent.
6. Add grated ginger and tomato. Saute for a minute. Add shredded red cabbage, fresh large red chilli and capsicum. Saute for 2-3 minutes.
7. Add all the sauce mixture. Mix well. Now add noodles, salt and 1 tablespoon vinegar soaked green chilli. Toss everything well. Add salt carefully because all the sauce includes salt.
8. Remove from heat when noodles are coated well with sauce. Taste and adjust salt and sauce if required. Sprinkle some vinegar soaked green chilli on the noodles. Serve hot with Chinese style roasted chicken drumstick or chilli chicken chilli paneer or manchurian.
Chinese style roasted chicken drumstick
1. Preheat the oven at 200°. Line a baking tray with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
2. Make a few cuts on the chicken legs with a sharp knife Marinate the chicken with soy sauce, salt garlic paste, chilli flakes, black pepper powder, lemon juice and olive oil. Mix everything well, cover and refrigerate for one hour.
3. Arrange the chicken legs on lined baking tray.
4. Roast the chicken in preheated oven at 200° for 25-30 minutes or until chicken pieces becomes brown and cooked.
5. Turn the drumsticks upside down and bake 10 minutes again. Serve hot with noodles or as a starter.
1. Add green chilli more or less according to your taste.
2. Bell peppers, baby corn, cabbage, beans, broccoli, mushrooms or any vegetable can be used in the noodles.
3. You can use 1/2 tablespoon more chilli sauce and schezwan sauce to make your noodles hot.
If you tried my recipe, you can share your food pictures with me in the social network sites by using hashtag, #batterupwithsujata
I would love to see your creations.
I would love to hear from you. Please share your thoughts and suggestions in comment.
Please visit my facebook page and hit the like button to get the latest update