Jaggery oats sesame seeds cookies. Cookies are flavored with ghee or clarified butter, ginger, cardamom and cinnamon. Crispy crunchy cookies are mouth melting from inside. Little rice flour and roasted mixed seeds made these cookies perfectly crispy. In winter we often make til gur laddu, now here is a cookie with til gur or sesame seeds and jaggery.
Sharing one more gluten free bake today. My last post was a gluten free Millet walnut date cake. This time not millet, made these cookies with oats, sesame seeds, desiccated coconut, rice flour and sweetened with organic jaggery powder. So you can call it a healthy treat for kids and adults both. You may like some more gluten free cookies recipes on this blog. Click on the name below for recipe.
You can make these cookies with easily available ingredients. If you have oatmeal, no need to grind anything. I have used regular rolled oats so ground into fine powder. If you don’t have jaggery powder then you can use grated jaggery or use powdered sugar, brown sugar or any sweetener of your choice. Roasted mixed seeds will give a crunch and make your cookies more nutritious. You can get readymade pack of roasted mixed seeds. I have a pack of roasted pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, muskmelon seeds and flax seeds. You can use any dry roasted seeds. Subscribe with your mail address to get all the recipes straight to your mailbox immediately after publishing.
Oats- 3/4 cup
Rice flour- 1/4 cup
Jaggery powder – 4 tablespoon
Ghee/clarifiedbutter- 3 tablespoon
Milk – 2 tablespoon
Ginger powder – 1/4 teaspoon
Cinnamon powder – 1/4 teaspoon
Cardamom powder – 1/4 teaspoon
Baking powder – 1/4 teaspoon
Baking soda – 1/8 teaspoon
Sesame seeds – 2 tablespoon + for coating
Roasted mixed seeds – 1 tablespoon
Desiccated coconut – 2 tablespoon
1. Preheat the oven at 170°.
2. Grease a baking tray or line with parchment paper.
3. Dry roast 2 tablespoon sesame seeds on a pan. When sesame seeds starts to splutter transfer the seeds on a plate.
4. Grind the oats into fine powder. In a bowl mix oats powder, rice flour, ginger powder, cinnamon powder, cardamom powder, baking powder, soda, dry roasted sesame seeds, desiccated coconut and roasted mixed seeds. I have a mixture of roasted pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, muskmelon seeds and flax seeds.
5.Spread some sesame seeds on a plate and keep aside.
6. In a large bowl cream ghee or clarified butter, jaggery powder and milk. Whisk well till everything combined really well.
7. Add all the dry ingredients and mix. Make a smooth dough. Don’t knead much. Make small balls out of the dough. I have made 12 cookies with this dough. You can make smaller or larger cookies.
8. Press the balls on sesame seeds gently. Now arrange the cookies on greased or lined baking tray. Keep some space between the cookies.
9. Bake in preheated oven for 12 minutes or till the edges becomes light brown.
10. Let the cookies cool down completely before serving. Serve with milk, tea, coffee or store in airtight container for later use.
1. Whole wheat flour/atta or all purpose flour/maida or any flour can be used instead of oats to make these cookies.
2. You can also use powdered sugar or any sweetener.
If you tried my recipe, you can share your food pictures with me in the social network sites by using hashtag, #batterupwithsujata I would love to see your creations.
I would love to hear from you. Please share your thoughts and suggestions in comment.
Please visit my facebook page and hit the like button to get the latest update