Orange cranberry cornmeal cake with whole wheat flour and Soyabean flour.
A very easy to make, soft, moist and delicious orange flavoured cake with dried cranberry.
I have used nutritious cornmeal in the cake. Not only easy to digest it has also Cancer-Fighting Properties.
Cornmeal has iron, zinc, niacin, potassium, phosphorus, magnesium and even has protein and no cholesterol.
I have made it both with and without Soyabean flour. And with Soyabean flour cake texture is more soft. Both taste great but I loved the texture of Soyabean flour cake. But never make whole cake with Soyabean flour. Always mix it with other flour. Add this protein rich Soyabean flour in your cake and see the difference in texture and taste.
You can get one Cornmeal cranberry cookies and some more Soyabean flour bakes on this blog.
This post is going to be a part of 197#Foodiemonday bloghop Get in shape theme or a dish to be represented in a geometric shape suggested by Kalyani Sri who blog at
Sizzling Tastebuds. Do visit her space for many wonderful recipes.
My contribution is this rectangular loaf cake. Which is full of orange flavour and taste is amazing because of dried cranberry. But if you don’t have cranberry then you can use tutti fruity, choco chips or any dry fruits of your choice. You can use refined flour or maida or any flour instead of whole wheat flour, cornmeal and Soyabean flour.
Whole wheat flour or atta – 3/4 cup + 1 tablespoon
Cornmeal – 1/2 cup
Soyabean flour – 1/4 cup
Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
Baking soda – 1/2 teaspoon
Orange juice – 1 cup
Orange zest – 1/2 teaspoon
Powdered sugar – 3/4 cup
Oil or butter – 1/3 cup
Vinegar – 1 tablespoon
Vanilla essence – 1 teaspoon
Dried cranberry – 1/4 cup
1. Preheat the oven at 180°.
2. Grease a loaf pan and dust with flour.
3. Mix 1 tablespoon whole wheat flour with cranberry to avoid sinking at the bottom.
4. Sieve whole wheat flour, cornmeal or makke ka atta, soyabean flour, baking powder and soda.
5. In a large bowl whisk orange juice, powdered sugar oil or butter and vinegar. I have used oil.
6. Add orange zest and vanilla. Whisk again.
7. Now add all the dry ingredients gradually. Mix to make a lump free batter.
8. Fold in flour mixed dried cranberry.
Pour the batter into greased and flour dusted loaf pan. Tap the pan gently on your kitchen counter two three times.
10. Bake in preheated oven at 180° for 30 – 40 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
11.Let the cake cool down. Slice and serve with milk, tea or coffee.
Happy baking 😊
1. Refined flour or maida or any flour can be used instead of whole wheat flour, cornmeal and Soyabean flour.
2. If you don’t have cranberry then you can also use choco chips, tutti fruity or any dry fruits of your choice.
If you tried my recipe, you can share your food pictures with me in the social network sites by using hash tag, #batterupwithsujata
I would love to see your creations.
I would love to hear from you. Please share your thoughts and suggestions in comment.
Please visit my facebook page and hit the like button to get the latest update