Egg less whole wheat flour jam cake. Soft, delicious and easy to make cake.
No need to add sugar. Mixed fruit jam gives a lovely colour and perfectly sweet taste. I didn’t used refined flour or maida. Cake is made of only whole wheat flour or atta. But you can use any flour of your choice. Even you can use any flavoured jam instead of mixed fruit jam.
Sharing this recipe from my archive. Made this cake first time 4 years ago. Got the recipe in food group Chef At Large from Nisha Ambar. Nisha is an excellent baker. Loved her all the bakes but this cake attract me a lot. Tried and loved the taste. Now sharing this simple yet delicious recipe here. Thanks Nisha for this wonderful recipe.
This week our 195 #Foodiemonday bloghop theme is Third Letter Magic suggested by Amrita Iyer who blog at The Food Samaritan. Do visit her space for mouthwatering recipes.
In this theme we have to share a recipe with the third letter of our name. I was thinking about the letter J and remember this delicious jam cake. Earlier I have made it with choco chips but this time used walnuts. You can use tutti fruity, choco chips or any dry fruits of your choice. This time I didn’t use any other flour for this cake like my other cakes, followed exact Nisha’s recipe. If you want you can also make it with any gluten free flour or refined flour or maida or mixed flour.
Whole wheat flour or atta – 1 cup
Mixed fruit jam – 1/3 cup
Curd – 1/2 cup
Olive oil – 1/2 cup
Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
Baking soda – 1/2 teaspoon
Vanilla essence – 1 teaspoon
Walnut – 1/4 cup + to sprinkle, chopped
1. Preheat the oven at 180° for 10 minutes.
2. Grease a baking pan with oil and dust with flour or line with parchment pepper.
3. Sieve whole wheat flour or atta, baking powder and soda.
4.In a large bowl mix oil, jam and curd. Whisk to blend everything well. Add vanilla essence and whisk again.
5. Add all the dry ingredients and mix well.
6. Fold in the walnuts.
7. Pour the batter in the greased and flour dusted cake pan. Tap the pan on your kitchen counter 3 – 4 times to remove air bubbles.
8. Level the top with a spoon and sprinkle walnuts over it.
9. Bake in the preheated oven at 180° for 30 – 35 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean. Insert a toothpick in the middle of the cake to check.
10. Let the cake cool down completely. Slice and serve.
Happy baking 😊
1. Refined flour or maida or any four can be used instead of whole wheat flour or atta.
2. You can use choco chips, tutti fruity or any dry fruits of your choice instead of walnut.
3. Any flavourless vegetable oil can be used instead of olive oil.
If you tried my recipe, you can share your food pictures with me in the social network sites by using hash tag, #batterupwithsujata
I would love to see your creations.
I would love to hear from you. Please share your thoughts and suggestions in comment.
Please visit my facebook page and hit the like button to get the latest update