Italian flavoured paneer bhurji.
A different way to make our very own paneer bhurji. This lip-smacking paneer bhurji can be serve as a side dish or make sandwich stuffing or use as pizza topping.
We normally make paneer bhurji with onion garlic tomato and some Indian spices. But this time made with Italian seasonings.
Well now you can ask that how I get the idea of making this Italian flavoured paneer bhurji. Because this week our 187 #Foodiemonday bloghop theme is desi twist suggested by Kalyani Sri who blog at https://www.sizzlingtastebuds.com/?m=1
According to Kalyani “the base idea has to be an Indian dish but not an Indian ingredient’. So I have made our humble paneer bhurji Italian. And loved the taste. Try it, I am sure you will also love the taste.
You can use bell peppers or any vegetable of your choice.
Paneer or cottage cheese – 2 cup, crumbled
Onion – 1, finely chopped
Green chilli – 1 – 2, finely chopped
Garlic – 2 – 3 cloves, minced
Green peas – 1/2 cup, boiled or frozen
Sweet corn – 1/2 cup, boiled
Capsicum – 1, cubed
Tomato – 2 medium, cubed
Onion – 1, cubed
Oregano – 2 teaspoon
Dried Basil – 1 teaspoon
Rosemary – 1/2 teaspoon, optional
Red chilli flakes – 1 teaspoon
Black pepper powder – 1 teaspoon
Pizza sauce – 2 tablespoon
Vinegar – 1 tablespoon
Tomato sauce – 1 tablespoon
Olive oil – 2 tablespoon
Salt to taste
Chopped scallion or onion green – 1 tablespoon, optional
1. In a bowl mix pizza sauce, vinegar, tomato sauce, oregano, basil, black pepper powder and red chilli flakes. Also add rosemary if using. Mix well and keep aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan. Add finely chopped onion. Fry till translucent.
3. Add minced garlic and chopped green chilli. Fry till garlic becomes brown.
4. Add cubed onion, tomato, capsicum and salt. Add salt carefully. Sauce has enough salt. Saute for 2 minutes.
5. Add boiled sweet corn and green peas. Mix well.
6. Add crumbled paneer or cottage cheese and mix. I have used homemade paneer or cottage cheese. Get the recipe here.
7. Reduce the heat. Cook on simmer for 4-5 minutes or till it dried up. Stir continuously. Cooking on low heat helps the paneer to absorb the flavour of herbs.
8. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
Add 1/2 tablespoon chopped scallion or onion green if using. Mix and remove from heat.
9. Garnish with remaining 1/2 tablespoon scallion. Serve hot as a side dish with any bread or make sandwich stuffing. Even you can use it as pizza topping.
1. You can use bell peppers, broccoli, beans or any vegetable of your choice.
2. Any vegetable oil can be used instead of olive oil.
If you tried my recipe, you can share your food pictures with me in the social network sites by using hash tag, #batterupwithsujata
I would love to see your creations.