Vegan smoothie bowl.
A dairy free and gluten free smoothie bowl for breakfast. And also sugar free. So diabetic and weight watchers both can enjoy it.
Easy to make, filling, healthy and delicious. A perfect breakfast option. With all the goodness and taste of banana, oats, almond, raisins, dates and coconut and the crunch of walnut and pomegranate.
I have used banana but you can use strawberry or any fruit of your choice. You don’t need any sweetener because raisins, banana and dates give enough sweetness to your smoothie bowl.
Sending this post to 180 #Foodiemonday bloghop theme is #Lowcalorie food.
This week I have suggested the theme. Read my fellow blogger’s posts to get many more low calorie food recipes.
This smoothie is perfectly sweet and delicious but if you like less sweetness in your smoothie then you can reduce the amount raisins and dates. You can dry roast the oats if you want. I didn’t.
Oats – 1/4 cup
Banana – 1
Coconut milk – 1/4 cup or as require
Fresh coconut – 2 tablespoon, chopped
Almond – 5
Date – 2, pitted and chopped
Raisins – 2 tablespoon
Walnut, raisins, pomegranate and banana pieces for topping
1. Peel and chop the ripe banana.
2. Soak the almonds in hot water and peel when cool.
3. Soak the raisins in water.
4. Grind the oats. You can dry roast the oats before grinding if you like.
5. In a blender blend ground oats, chopped coconut, chopped dates, peeled almonds, soaked raisins, chopped banana and 1/4 cup coconut milk. Blend into a smooth mixture.
6. Pour the mixture into a bowl. You can add 1/4 cup more coconut milk if you want your smoothie consistency thin.
7. Top with banana slices, raisins, walnut and pomegranate arils.
Enjoy the delicious and healthy smoothie bowl. Stay healthy stay happy
1. You can use strawberry or any fruit of your choice instead of banana.
2. If you don’t like oats then dry roast the oats before grinding.
If you tried my recipe, you can share your food pictures with me in the social network sites by using hash tag, #batterupwithsujata
I would love to see your creations.