French beans with rosemary, oregano, lemon and corn.
A delicious and aromatic side dish but its also taste great as a snack. You can serve it with toasted bread in breakfast or serve bowl full as a healthy and yummy snack.
Its very easy to make. If you have boiled French beans and sweet corn ready then you can make this in few minutes.
Our this week’s 164 #Foodiemonday bloghop theme is #beanpower. My humble contribution is this aromatic and delicious French beans with rosemary, oregano, lemon and sweat corn.
French beans are low calorie, nutritious and fiber rich vegetable.
The fiber content is very high, and it also provides some of your daily protein requirements. They also act as an easy source for acquiring vitamins like vitamin A, C, K, B6, and folic acid. In terms of minerals, green beans are a good source of calcium, silicon, iron, manganese, potassium, and copper.
The health benefits of green beans include a reduced risk of heart diseases and colon cancer, as well as controlled diabetes. They provide a boost to the immune system and contribute to the elimination of harmful free radicals.
And aromatic herbs like rosemary and oregano have many health benefits.
Rosemary and oregano contain diabetes-fighting compounds.
The popular culinary herbs oregano and rosemary are packed with healthful compounds, and now lab tests show they could work in much the same way as prescription anti-diabetic medication, scientists report. In their new study published in ACS’ Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, they found that how the herbs are grown makes a difference, and they also identified which compounds contribute the most to this promising trait.
You can serve it in breakfast with toasted bread or serve as a side dish with any bread. Or enjoy as a snack. Sweet corn is optional you can also make it without sweat corn. If you are making it for kids reduce the amount of chilli flakes or skip the chillies.
French bean – 200 gram
Sweet corn – 1/2 cup, boiled
Garlic – 3 – 4 cloves, minced
Tomato – 1, small
Rosemary – 1 & 1/2 teaspoon
Oregano – 1 & 1/2 teaspoon
Chilli flakes – 1 teaspoon
Black pepper powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Lemon juice – 2 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Oil or butter – 2 tablespoon
1. Clean and wash the French beans. Cut and discard both ends and cut into half.
2. Boil the beans in water for 5 minutes or till the beans becomes dark green in colour. Beans shouldn’t be mushy. I have microwave on high power for 5 minutes.
3. Boil the tomato till it’s peel slit. Let it cool down.
Peel and chop finely.
4. Heat oil or butter in a pan. Add minced garlic and fry until garlic becomes light brown.
5. Add chopped tomato. Fry till tomato becomes mushy.
6. Now add French beans, boiled sweet corn and salt.
7. Saute and add rosemary, oregano, black pepper powder and chilli flakes.
8. Mix well. Saute and cook till dried up.
9. Add lemon juice and remove from heat.
10. Serve hot with toasted bread or enjoy bowl full as a snack.
1. You can also make it without sweet corn but sweet corn enhance the taste.
2. You can add one more boiled tomato if you like.
3. Adjust the chilli according to your taste.
If you tried my recipe, you can share your food pictures with me in the social network sites by using hash tag, #batterupwithsujata
I would love to see your creations.
I would love to hear from you. Please share your thoughts and suggestions in comment.