Soya chunks or soya nugget korma.
Gravy is smooth and finger licking taste. Enjoy the delicious,and protein rich korma with any bread, paratha, puri, naan, pulao or steamed rice.
I have used mini soya chunks but you can use any nuggets or chunks.
Soya nugget or chunks are full of protein. So Its a perfect protein source for vegetarian people.
You can get some more soya recipes here.
Protein rich soya nugget or chunks
Soya chunks are meat substitute i.e. even vegetarians can have them for consuming a good amount of protein.
Apart from a large amount of protein content, they are also high in carbohydrates. A 100-gram serving of soya chunks contains 52g of protein and 33g of carbohydrate. It also contains iron and calcium along with little fat. A 100g serving of soya chunk has approximately about 336 calories. They are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids and Vitamin B. Soya Chunks are heart-healthy food because they are low in cholesterol.
Soya chunks or soya nugget are cooked in spicy aromatic gravy. cashew and almond made the gravy creamy and thick. You will love the smooth texture of gravy. And taste is too good.
Soya chunks – 1 cup, soaked in 3 cup hot water
Onion – 2, sliced
Ginger – 1 inch piece, grated or chopped
Garlic – 4 – 5
Tomato – 2, chopped
Green chilli – 2 – 3, chopped
Green cardamom – 3
Cloves – 3 – 4
Cinnamon – 1 inch piece
Mace – 1 strand
Bay leaf – 1
Cumin powder – 1 teaspoon
Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
Garam masala powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Kashmiri red chilli powder – 2 teaspoon
Almond – 2 tablespoon
Cashew nuts – 2 tablespoon
Coconut milk – 1 cup
Water – 1 cup
Oil – 4 tablespoon
1. Soak soya chunks in 3 cup hot Water for 15 – 30 minutes.
2. Squeeze well and wash .squeeze again and set aside.
3. Soak almond and cashew nuts in warm water. Peel the almond.
4. Heat 2 tablespoon oil in a pan. Add green cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, bay leaf and mace.
Fry till fragrant.
5. Add sliced onion, garlic, ginger and green chilli.
6. When the onion becomes light brown add tomatoes, soaked cashew nuts and almond. Saute until tomatoes becomes mushy.
7. Let it cool down and grind into a smooth paste.
8. Heat remaining 2 tablespoon oil in a pan. Add the ground mixture and cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder garam masala powder and kashmiri red chilli powder.
9. Saute till oil leaves the side.
Add soya chunks and salt. Mix well and saute till it dried up.
10. Add coconut water and water. Let it boil.
11. Cover and cook on simmer for 10 – 15 minutes.
12. Taste and adjust the seasoning. Cook on high flame till you get your desired consistency. You can add little more water if require.
13. Remove from heat.
Garnish with cilantro or coriander leaves and peeled almond.
14. Serve with roti or Indian flat bread, paratha, puri, naan, pulao or steamed rice.
1. You can use chilli according to your taste. You can add more green chilli or hot variety red chilli powder to make it more spicy.
2. I have used mini soya chunks but you can use any soya chunks or nugget.
If you tried my recipe, you can share your food pictures with me in the social network sites by using hash tag, #batterupwithsujata
I would love to see your creations.
I would love to hear from you. Please share your thoughts and suggestions in comment.
Please hit the like button to get latest update
Looks yum and tasty 🙂
Batter Up With Sujata says
Thank you so much 😊😊
Varsha Baikar says
Looks yummy 😋 I will try this one 👍
Thanks for sharing ☺
Batter Up With Sujata says
Thanks a lot Varsha 😊😊