Sugar free date sandesh.
A delicious sweet sweetened with dates. No sugar or artificial sweetener added.
But I repeat diabetic people should take only one piece in a day not too much. Its necessary to eat a balanced diet and just moderate your intake.
Diabetes usually means a big “NO” to sugar intake. But how far is this true?
Most studies show that it is not.
Diabetes is the fastest growing disease in the recent times. Although diabetics are not required to abstain from sugar entirely, they are advised to limit its intake.
So, what do you do when you need to satisfy your sweet tooth? Eat dates, of course!
Dates are small and sweet fruits and have a surprisingly low glycemic index. Studies have been done to determine the effects of consuming dates on blood sugar levels. They concluded that eating dates does not cause a spike in the blood glucose levels.
In fact, they are extremely healthy – packed with an array of vital nutrients.
You can get some more sugar free sweet recipe here.
Recipe is very easy. You need only few ingredients to make it. Just blend everything and cook. I have used homemade paneer or cottage cheese and khoya or milk solid. You can also use store bought.
Paneer or cottage cheese – 3/4 cup
Khoya/mawa or dried milk – 3/4 cup
Dates – 1/2 cup, chopped
Cardamom powder – 1 /2 teaspoon
Hot water – 1/4 cup
1. Soak chopped dates in 1/4 cup hot water.
2. When it cool down, blend with the water used to soak. Make a smooth paste.
3. Add Crumbled cottage cheese or paneer and khoya or milk solid in the blender. Blend again.
4. Heat a non stick or heavy bottom pan. Add date, cottage cheese and khoya or milk solid mixture in it.
5. Cook on low flame. Stir continuously to avoid sticking to the bottom.
6. When the mixture dried up and becomes like a dough, remove from heat.
7. Add cardamom powder and mix well.
8. Let the mixture cool down.
Make small balls and shape with a mould. If you don’t have mould then you can make ball shaped laddu with it.
Serve or keep in refrigerator and serve chilled.
You can keep these in refrigerator for 5 – 6 days.
Enjoy the delicious guilt free sandesh.
1. You can make it with only cottage cheese or only khoya or milk solid if you want.
2. You can give any shape of your choice.
I would love to hear from you. Please share your thoughts and suggestions in comment.
If you tried my recipe, you can share your food pictures with me in the social network sites by using hash tag, #batterupwithsujata
I would love to see your creations.
Please visit my facebook page and hit the like button to get the latest update.
Stay connected at