Malai Kofta. Soft delicious mouth melting Kofta in no onion garlic rich creamy gravy. Kofta fried in appe pan so you don’t need much oil to fry the Kofta. Also sharing the deep fried version.
Malai Kofta fried in just two spoon of oil. Fried the kofte in appe pan but if you don’t have this pan you can fry it in a non-stick pan or if you want you can deep fry it. A healthy as well as tasty pure vegetarian recipe.
You can serve this malai kofta with roti, naan, paratha, fried rice, pulao, jeera rice etc. I have served this delicious malai kofta with roti and aam kathal.
To get some more no onion garlic recipes click here.
And for some different kofta recipes click here.
This no onion garlic curry taste scrumptious. You can serve it as a party side dish. I have used homemade paneer or cottage cheese. To get the recipe of making paneer click here.
Subscribe with your mail address to get all the recipes straight to your mailbox immediately after publishing.
Video recipe of this lipsmackingly delicious malai kofta 👇
Ingredients for Kofta
Cottage Cheese or Paneer – 1 cup, crumbled
Potatoes – 2 boiled, peeled and mashed
1/4 tsp Chilli powder – 1/4 teaspoon
Cornflour – 2 tablespoon
Garam Masala – 1/4 teaspoon
Method to make kofta
1. Mix all the ingredients. Mash well. Mash with the heel of your palm. Make equal size balls.
Heat a appe pan. Pour little oil in all the holes of appe pan. Drop the balls and cook on low medium heat. Flip and cook the other side of the balls.
Or you can deep fry balls if you want. Transfer the fried kofta on a paper towel.
For the Gravy
Tomatoes – 2 large or 3 medium
Cashew nuts – 3 tablespoon
Kashmiri Red Chilli powder – 2 teaspoon
Ginger – 1/2 inch piece
Garam Masala – 1/4 teaspoon
Cumin powder – 1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Cardamom powder – 1/4 teaspoon
Javitri powder – 1/8 teaspoon
Kasuri Methi – 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
1/2 teaspoon Sugar – 1/2 teaspoon, optional
Cinnamon – 1 inch piece
Green Cardamom – 3
Cloves – 3-4
Fresh cream – 2-3 tablespoon
Oil – 2 tablespoon
Ghee or clarified butter – 1 tablespoon
Water – 1 cup
Cilantro or Coriander leaves for garnishing.
1. Grind tomato, ginger and the whole spices. Make a smooth paste. Grind the cashew nuts and make a fine powder. Add 3 tablespoon water and grind again. Make a smooth paste.
2. Heat 2 teaspoon oil and 1 tablespoon ghee or clarified butter in a pan. Add ground paste, saute then add turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, Kashmiri red chilli powder, turmeric powder and garam masala powder. Saute for a minute. Add salt and sugar. Saute till oil leaves the sides.
3. Add cashew paste and saute for a minute.
4. Add water and stir. Cook on low flame till the gravy thickens.
5. Add cardamom powder and Javitri or mace powder. Mix well.
6. Add crushed kasuri methi and fresh cream. Crush the Kasuri methi with your palm. Mix and remove from heat.
7. On a serving dish spread the gravy. Place fried kofta balls over it. Now pour hot gravy all over the kofta.
8. Garnish with fresh cream and cilantro or coriander leaves. Serve hot with any type of rice dishes or any bread. Enjoy the rich creamy mouth melting malai kofta.
If you tried my recipe, you can share your food pictures with me in the social network sites by using hashtag, #batterupwithsujata
I would love to see your creations.
I would love to hear from you. Please share your thoughts and suggestions in comment.
Please visit my facebook page and hit the like button to get the latest update